What language do you want to use Torre in?
Are you a Canadian or US based Senior Project Manager? Do you have experience leading highly technical projects and also leading teams of project managers? Are you a customer obsessed, creative, project management leader? Can you work with technical experts like Solutions Architects, DevOps engineers and Database administrator to implement the details of the backlogs you build together, staying consistent with best practices and ensuring customer satisfaction? Will you make sure Pythian’s customers get the most from their Data? If you have a passion for project management and solving complex problems then this could be the job for you!
• The Project Director is focused on customer success, has demonstrated technical leadership capabilities along with excellent project management, problem-solving, technical, communication, and cross-organizational leadership skills. • Providing effective leadership, motivation, and coaching/mentorship to a team of project management professionals to ensure delivery objectives are met. • Ensuring that each engagement in the Customer Service Delivery’s (CSD’s) customer portfolio is designed optimally, is well-prepared for growth and will produce excellent outcomes. • Developing and managing end-to-end project plans and ensure on-time delivery. • Performing risk management on projects. • Leading by example and influence, solving business problems and rallying delivery teams and customers to a shared vision. • Interfacing with engineering teams and client teams for project requirements and scope. • Working closely with Product Management & Engineering teams both internally and externally and providing strategic insights to define & improve product features. • Providing technical leadership to the team, driving closure of technical issues by working with the architects, developers and client teams. • Playing an important role in growing existing customer accounts by identifying Sales opportunities and by educating customers on what Pythian’s services are and how they could be applied to existing scenarios. • Developing metrics to monitor project performance and bring in best practices and champion process improvement initiatives across the Customer Service Delivery organization. • Conducting frequent reviews with clients regarding Pythian’s tactical operations including onsite presentations, Pythian Days, and regular Customer checkpoints • Playing the role of a key advisor to clients, architects, and engineers. • Reporting to Pythian & Clients on Project Financials. • Motivating and guiding highly technical engineers & developers.
• While we realise you might not have everything on the list to be the successful candidate for the Project Director job you will likely have experience in a variety of positions in IT. The position requires specialized knowledge and experience in performing the following: • Be PMP or Agile CSM certified or working towards it. • Experience in managing Agile projects. Leading Sprint Planning, Retrospective, Sprint Goals, Demo’s, etc. • Strong technical knowledge of Google Cloud Platform, Amazon Web Service or Microsoft Azure technology stacks, holding a relevant technical certification would be ideal! • Project Management Professional (PMP) or Agile CSM certified (or equivalent experience) are considered an asset. • Program Manager Certification (PGMP), Portfolio Manager (PFMP) are considered an asset. • Experience managing large strategic initiatives. • Experience working with Senior Management - must feel comfortable presenting ideas to C Level decision makers and challenging their thoughts when appropriate. • Experience in managing and leading teams. • Experience in leading Agile projects. Leading Sprint Planning, Retrospective, Sprint Goals, Demo’s, etc. • Extensive working experience in all project management methodologies (Agile, Kanban, Waterfall, etc.). • Experience in projects delivered via CICD (Continuous Integration Continuous Delivery). • Exposure to systems engineering, software engineering and contribution to technical solution discussions. • Interpersonal skills, including relationship building and collaboration within a diverse, cross-functional team. • Be an excellent communicator with great stakeholder management skills. • Ability to understand the common concerns and needs at all hierarchical levels of a technical organization.
• A Bachelor's degree in Computer Science / Engineering or a related technical discipline is preferred
• Pythian excels at helping businesses use their data and cloud to transform how they compete and win in this ever-changing environment by delivering advanced on-prem, hybrid, cloud and multi-cloud solutions to solve the toughest data challenges faster and better than anyone else. Founded and headquartered in Ottawa, Canada in 1997, Pythian now has more than 300 employees located around the globe with over 350 clients spanning industries from SaaS; media; gaming; financial services; e-commerce and more. Pythian is known for its technology-enabled data expertise covering everything from ETL to ML. We pride ourselves on our ability to deliver innovative solutions that meet the specific data goals of each client and have built meaningful partnerships with major cloud vendors AWS, Google and Microsoft. The powerful combination of our extensive expertise in data and cloud and our ability to keep on top of the latest bleeding edge technologies make us the perfect partner to help mid and large-sized businesses transform to stay ahead in today’s rapidly changing digital economy. If you are a Cloud Infrastructure Engineer or DevOps Engineer; live in the Australia or New Zealand, love your data and want to love your career then join us!
• Pythian is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available upon request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
• Applicants must be legally authorized to work in their country of residence permanently– Pythian will not relocate, sponsor, or file petitions of any kind on behalf of a foreign worker to gain a work visa, become a permanent resident based on a permanent job offer, or to otherwise obtain authorization to work.
What are signals?
Signals are a way of compiling a list of people you’ll consider working with. Others can signal you as well.
By signaling a person or organization you notify them that you’ll consider working with them. Thus:
55% of jobs are filled via referrals 1 . With Signals, Torre makes it easy for you.