• As a Lead Consultant at 84.51°, you are the driver of the customer's first journey as you lead the insights-driven strategy, execution, and implementation work that drives long term sustainable change and makes customers’ lives easier. We are also counting on you to innovate. You know the customer and our capabilities thoroughly, so you are in a great position to drive innovation. The customer’s voice influences every decision as you identify problems, develop solutions, activate insights and evaluate the impact on customers for Kroger and CPGs. • Your primary client is Kroger, one of the world’s largest retailers and the third-largest employer. You are expected to build strong, trusting relationships with your Kroger stakeholders and influence their decisions that drive long term customer loyalty. • Your primary area of focus is in building and driving foundational customer insights and tools that will enable our 84.51°, Kroger, and CPG partners to deliver upon our customer's needs and wants. In this area, you could be working on the next insight platform, loyalty strategy, digital disruption, or layer of personalization. To operate effectively in this domain, you are expected to know the current state of the business, the latest trends, and the innovations that are impacting and disrupting this area – all from a customer perspective. • Owning ongoing relationships with a range of key stakeholders in Marketing, Merchandising and Product • Collaborating with internal partners to identify and develop insights solutions to meet the needs of key stakeholders seeking input and guidance on strategic decisions, product development and marketing activations • Developing data-driven stories to deliver to both internal and external stakeholders in both small and large group settings • Developing expertise with internal insights capabilities, training stakeholders on same tools where appropriate to enable self-service • Demonstrating a deep level of knowledge of internal and external e-commerce and digital trends • Ensuring the customer’s voice is heard in all strategic planning and experience development • Working as a liaison to other 84.51° teams to keep them abreast of key e-commerce and digital trends that may have a direct impact on their work and opportunities.
• Experience with digital media/marketing activation and/or product development • Critical thinking skills • Influencing skills • Relationship management skills • Strong business/commercial acumen • Strong communication skills • Tools and process acumen • Strong critical thinking that enables both current and future problem solving with partners • Proven client leadership skills; ability to develop relationships and influence • Effective and proactive project management skills • Demonstrated ability to build and maximize relationships with both internal and external partners • Excellent communication, presentation and interpersonal skills • Demonstrated ability to share actionable recommendations in a concise and persuasive manner.
• The Lead Business Acceleration Consultant is responsible for building relationships with a range of key stakeholders including product managers, product designers, merchandising and marketing strategy leads, working with these individuals to understand current and long-term knowledge gaps. This individual will work with partners within 84.51° consumer research, data science and Kroger’s own site analytics teams to scope and deliver insight solutions to meet the needs of their stakeholders. Success in this role will require strategic thinking, strong interpersonal and communication skills with a range of functions and grade levels, the ability to turn data into compelling and actionable insights as well as a high level of flexibility and time management skills. Additionally, this role requires strong stakeholder management, effective relationship development with 84.51° cross functional teams, Kroger, and CPGs, and strong attention to detail.
• Education: Bachelor's degree (Master's Degree preferred but not required) • 4-8 years of relevant experience.
• At 84.51°, people are the key to everything. We are dedicated to always doing what’s right and never compromising on our values. That’s why we have created a culture where every opinion is respected, and contrary thinking is encouraged. Making life more rewarding for our community and our associates is an essential part of the process. Our team is known for their enthusiasm, camaraderie and sense of fun. We work hard and we play just as hard. That’s why we engage in a range of official and unofficial activities to get together, serve the community, and have fun. We continually seek people who make us better. In order to continue to grow, we need more great people who want to join us in doing cool, industry-changing, brain-stimulating work. • 84.51° knows customers, and we know how to connect you. • Using a sophisticated, proprietary suite of tools and technology, we turn customer data into actionable knowledge. With unparalleled customer data and predictive analytics capabilities, we deliver personalized marketing strategies and ensure the best experience for customers of Kroger and more than 300 consumer-packaged-goods companies. We put the customer at the center of everything we do, resulting in a more dynamic, informed and personal approach to driving customer loyalty.
• The Marketing and Digital Insights team is responsible for empowering our Kroger partners in Marketing, Digital Merchandising and Technology (Product) to execute relevant messaging and communications, make strategic decisions at a modality and category level and deliver digital experiences that meet the wants and needs of our in-store and e-commerce customer bases. We do this through a combination of customer analytics and reporting, qualitative and quantitative primary research and competitive benchmarking and analysis.
What are signals?
Signals are a way of compiling a list of people you’ll consider working with. Others can signal you as well.
By signaling a person or organization you notify them that you’ll consider working with them. Thus:
55% of jobs are filled via referrals 1 . With Signals, Torre makes it easy for you.