What language do you want to use Torre in?
• We are looking to add a full-time PHP developer to our core product team to help bring our web portals and web services to the next level. You will be responsible for delivering core functionality of our real-time geospatial safety products, and we need your help to continue developing a highly scalable and rock-solid platform using a mix of PHP, Linux, Apache and MySQL hosted on AWS. The role is remote, but we also have offices in London and co-workers dotted around the UK.
• Write testable and maintainable application code to support new features and create new APIs. • Help migrate legacy projects through testing and refactoring. • Research and develop POCs. • Own the services you develop from development through testing and deployment. • Identify and fix bugs that affect our web services. • Work alongside our customer success team to provide second line technical support. • Develop integrations with a third-party service ingesting our data.
• Are experienced with modern PHP development practices and open source frameworks. • Like writing tests to ensure code has the expected behaviour. • Are aware of static analysis tools and mutation testing. • Are comfortable with web application security and are aware of OWASP. • Solve challenges involving scaling, reliability and high availability. • Are comfortable using Git either through the terminal or other tools, such as Sourcetree or GitHub Desktop. • Enjoy learning and helping others. Engineering is an ever-evolving world. You enjoy playing with new tech and exploring areas that you might not have experience with yet. • Hold yourself and others to a high standard. • Solve problems in a systematic way • Successful candidates must pass a basic Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) security check. You’ll value: • Continuous learning and development. • Being inclusive, supportive and responsible. • Working with integrity, honesty, objectivity and impartiality.
• Have three or more years of experience as a PHP developer.
• Since 2011, StaySafe has been protecting lone workers. We operate across six continents and protect thousands of people every day. We do this through our smartphone apps and web-based platform.
• Being a remote team we encourage active collaboration through Slack and video conferencing, including pair programming, show and tell sessions, demos and retrospectives. Tools we use: • Docker • Git • PHP 7.x • Symfony 4+ • MySQL • Apache • Nginx • AWS (EC2, SNS, SQS, Aurora) • Ansible • Bitbucket (for version control and CI)
What are signals?
Signals are a way of compiling a list of people you’ll consider working with. Others can signal you as well.
By signaling a person or organization you notify them that you’ll consider working with them. Thus:
55% of jobs are filled via referrals 1 . With Signals, Torre makes it easy for you.