Founded in 2016 and headquartered in New York, Emptor is a fully remote B2B SaaS startup. We are focused on solving trust and safety issues in Latin America by using big data. Emptor currently serves large multinational technology firms operating in the region by building tools for operational decision making on a large scale. We have opportunities in product, sales, finance, infrastructure, architecture, web scraping, NLP, ML and data science.
Summary of Product Generalist
This position is all about primary assistance to Product & Operations Leadership activities, which might include: holding customer calls, running discovery interviews for enterprise clients, writing product documentation and knowledge base articles, providing support to the different teams in Product and Operations and communicating with the different organizations and teams in the company. The position requires dynamism and cross collaboration with areas outside of your field, as well as confidence communicating with multiple stakeholders both internally and externally. If you like to interact with multiple fields of knowledge and diverse individuals with different professional backgrounds, this is the right job for you!
Check out the requirements, responsibilities and functions of the position below:
Required Domain/Technical Knowledge
- Fluent in Spanish and English
- Advanced knowledge of Excel/Google Spreadsheets
- Basic coding and programming knowledge (preferrably python or other script languages)
- Good interpersonal skills, being a team player
- Good communication skills
- Familiarity with the GSuite features
- Ability to empathize with others and understand complex problems
- Computer literateracy and resourcefulness with technology
- Leadership skills
- Data processing and analysis
- Bachelor's degree in Business/Engineering or related fields OR previous experience in:
- 1-3 years experience in consulting
- 1-3 experience in customer relations
- Nice to have: Previous experience managing small teams
- Nice to have: previous experience working with the Agile framework (SCRUM, KANBAN, etc)
- Customer relations: manage customer requests, conduct customer success activities and prepare data and reports for clients
- Product Management: Production of external documentation mainly oriented to potential and existing clients, assisting in product development and improvement, and researching legal sources for product development
- Operations: Managing and implementing changes regarding the processes in the operations team, coming up with solutions to improve the process and support operations team regarding new review processes.
- Sales: Assembly of case studies to showcase customer success stories, assisting in content creation for potential customers.
- Mid-level autonomy in decision-making with regards to client-relations.
- Asynchronous work makes for independant time management effective use of resources.
- You'll have flexibility to work at whatever time works best for you, except for synchronous client and team meetings, 1-1s and deadlines for work delivery
Feedback, Communication and Collaboration
- Reports to the Head of Product
- Customer Success training with Business Development team
- Reports to Points Of Contact for various clients
Business Impact Level
- Client relationship management
- Communicating product improvements and releases
- Ensuring SLA time frames are met for manual reviews
- Assisting in manual reviews when necessary
- Communicating Areas of Improvement within the OPS UI
- Communicating changes in procedure within the OPS process
As you've seen, this is a muti-fasceted role. If you enjoy working with mutidisciplinary teams and interacting with many different areas of the company, this is a great opportunity for you! Apply now and we'll get back to you soon with next steps.