What language do you want to use Torre in?
Curriculum Associates is seeking a highly-qualified Senior Business Analyst to serve as a member of the Business Systems team within the Information Technology department. The Senior Business Analyst will act as an intermediary between the business partners and the IT team, and responsible for collecting, clarifying, and documenting business requirements. The Senior Business Analyst will also act as an active thought partner and Salesforce application visionary who shapes business demand for technology.
• Work with business partners to elicit and capture business needs; understand the customer journey and define detailed user requirements to enhance the design and development of our Salesforce platform. • Engage with business partners and influence project decisions; assess the risks of various solutions and prioritize competing business demands. • Act as an intermediary between business and IT by using a deep understanding of business processes and technology to help business partners achieve their desired outcomes. • Responsible for working with the IT project management team to prioritize these changes and define project scope. • Facilitate requirements gathering sessions and document current and future state processes by creating functional specification documents, process flows, etc. • Builds testing plans, scenarios, and scripts to support QA efforts; actively participates in unit and system tests while coordinates user acceptance testing. • Responsible for developing the governance process and change control management by using best practices for prioritization, requirements gathering, QA, UAT and end user training. • Assist and coordinate the data preparation as required for QA and UAT process. • Assist project manager by identifying project milestones, tasks, issues, risks and providing regular project status reports. • Develops training materials and provide training to end users. • Research and recommend software solutions and applications (e.g., AppExchange applications for Salesforce) in order to meet business needs.
• Functional knowledge of Sales and Service core business processes (e.g., opportunity management, quoting, order management, customer on-boarding, resource scheduling, etc.), preferably in the Education technology industry. • Excellent written and verbal communications skills. • Excellent organizational skills, problem-solving skills, and detail oriented. • Ability to work independently and as part of a team in a matrix environment. • Strong customer service skills with high concern for quality and customer satisfaction. • Demonstrated knowledge of both traditional Waterfall and Agile/Lean methodologies. • Experience in converting business requirements and functional requirements to use cases. • Demonstrated ability to quantify resource requirements and measure and communicate proposed project benefits. • Strong risk assessment, problem resolution, negotiation, and influencing skills. • Demonstrated ability to engage both developers and business partners to achieve target outcomes. • Must be available to occasionally work off-hours to support project activities and deployments. We’d also love to see, though not required: • Experience on a Salesforce implementation through the full Software Development Lifecycle is a plus. • Project management skills and experience is a plus. • PMI Business Analysis certification is a plus. • Six Sigma certification is a plus. • Salesforce Certification is a plus.
• 8-10 years of business and system analysis experience • 3-5 years of experience supporting Salesforce.com or related CRM products in a complex organization. • Associate’s or bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience.
• Curriculum Associates, the makers of i-Ready, is a rapidly growing education company committed to making classrooms better places for teachers and students. We believe that all children have the chance to succeed, and this drives the decisions we make every day. Our research-based, award-winning products, including cloud-based i-Ready®, provide teachers and administrators with flexible resources that deliver meaningful assessments and data-driven, differentiated instruction for children. We serve millions of students with our i-Ready®, Ready®, BRIGANCE® and other programs because of our laser focus on educators’ needs over our own bottom line, and a belief that thoughtful and continuous innovation leads to a positive impact on classrooms and measurable growth for students. • Our organization is currently in a transformational phase due to our growth and changing industry; therefore, candidates with experience guiding organizations through this process are highly desired.
• At Curriculum Associates, we believe a diverse team leads to diversity in thinking, making our products better for teachers and students. If you read this job description, feel energized by what you see here, and believe you could bring passion and commitment to the role, but you aren’t sure you meet every qualification, please apply! Above all, we are looking for the right person!
• This candidate will work out of the Concord Road office in Billerica with opportunity to work one day remotely. (All employees currently remote until safe enough to return to the office) • Starting date: ASAP
What are signals?
Signals are a way of compiling a list of people you’ll consider working with. Others can signal you as well.
By signaling a person or organization you notify them that you’ll consider working with them. Thus:
55% of jobs are filled via referrals 1 . With Signals, Torre makes it easy for you.