What language do you want to use Torre in?
We’re looking to expand our team of Admission Teaching Assistant - Software Engineering Track to build out our admission support and help shape the next iteration of the Pathrise program. This role will involve a high level of experimentation and flexibility. Some work on weekends and evenings is expected) and remote work is possible.
• Gathering candidate's current pain-points regarding job searching and providing general advice on how they can improve efficiency in certain aspects of their concerns • Conducting technical interviews similar to the format of typical technical phone screens from top tier tech companies with a focus on Data Structure/Algorithms • Evaluating prospective candidate's technical performances based on Internal technical grading rubric • Identifying whether they be a good fit for Pathrise • Providing high-value feedbacks, and answering last-minute questions.
• Strong communication skills: You can communicate high-quality feedback in a technical interview to help improve the experience for Pathrise candidates. You have a knack of communicating the value that Pathrise offers to help candidates understand the benefit. • Able to learn on the fly: You are a quick, relentless, and versatile learner who is open to change. You like to experiment and will try anything to find solutions. You are technically savvy but also a natural salesperson (or with a strong passion to learn about sales technique) • An adept collaborator: You are able to collaborate remotely, with team members and managers in different locations. You can quickly find common ground and solve problems for the good of all. You are seen as a team player who can solve problems with peers with a minimum of noise. • Action-oriented: You enjoy working hard and confront challenges with enthusiasm. You can set goals, prioritize the next steps to achieve them, and measure your success/impact. • Bonus if you have: • Have the flexibility to work more than 10-20 hours per week when business needs warrants. • Have a prior start-up experience • Compete on Leetcode contest weekly and rank top 2000. Previously compete in the ACM contest.
• As an Admission Teaching Assistant, you will be responsible for overseeing Pathrise's admission process. You would be giving technical assessments to prospective fellows to assess their technical coding abilities along with other metrics we value from fellows. You will also have the chance to help our job seekers develop their technical interviewing skills through a variety of online sessions. You will work cross-functionally with SWE Industry Leads, our product team, and operations to promote engagement, process improvements, and data tracking.
• BS/MS in Computer Science Major • Strong at Data Structure / Algorithm, can solve Leetcode medium level questions with ease • Experience in conducting technical interviews and well-trained in how to grade candidate's performances.
• Pathrise (YC W18) is an online program for tech professionals that provides 1-on-1 mentorship, training and advice to help anyone land their next job. On top of that, we're built around aligned incentives. Fellows only pay when they get hired and start working at a job first. • Every day we are expanding our team and our services. We are looking for individuals who are ready to jump into a new role with us. We are a flourishing team and we really enjoy working together to improve our fellow's chances of getting the jobs of their dreams! If this sounds like something you'd be interested we’d like the opportunity to get to know you more. • Our Mission: • We seek to uplift job seekers in their careers and help them fulfill their hopes, ambitions, and livelihoods.
• Pathrise is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer that proudly pursues and hires a diverse workforce. Pathrise does not make hiring or employment decisions on the basis of race, color, religion or religious belief, ethnic or national origin, nationality, sex, gender, gender-identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, military or veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable local, state, or federal laws or prohibited by Company policy. Pathrise also strives for a healthy and safe workplace and strictly prohibits harassment of any kind. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance and other similar state laws and local ordinances, and its internal policy, Pathrise will also consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
• There are many session types (All online through Google Hangouts) that require Technical Advisors' expertise for our fellows. As a Technical Advisor, you will be going through a series of onboarding training, and you can have a preference on which session types to focus • Admission Sessions • Duration: 30 - 45 Minutes • Target Audience: Prospective fellows for the Pathrise program
What are signals?
Signals are a way of compiling a list of people you’ll consider working with. Others can signal you as well.
By signaling a person or organization you notify them that you’ll consider working with them. Thus:
55% of jobs are filled via referrals 1 . With Signals, Torre makes it easy for you.