• Define and drive the operating strategy and procedures to conduct rapid and detailed investigation into suspected and confirmed fraudulent activity on the BlockFi platform • Build and develop a team of highly skilled and passionate fraud fighters to conduct investigations and data-driven analysis across all of the products and services offered on the BlockFi • Provide structured and ongoing analysis of vulnerabilities, control weaknesses and gaps in tooling in order to drive rapid mitigation and remediation of attacks, and to recommend action on significant risk issues, trends, loss events, and best practices • Build the process and tools to provide ongoing feedback loops into fraud and risk products, control frameworks, data instrumentation and detection processes, to proactively influence priorities and roadmaps for improving our ability to protect clients, BlockFi and our ecosystem • Partner with Security Engineering to determine the core technology platforms and tools required for client fraud & risk investigation, data instrumentation, analytics processes, and metrics. • Partner with Security Investigation, SOC, Threat Intelligence and Incident Response teams for ongoing situational awareness, intelligence and data signals to use as input to fraud investigation • Liaise and partner with law enforcement to create and maintain appropriate communication channels for collaboration and information sharing as needed • Liaise and partner with key crypto, fintech and broader financial industry fraud and security collaboration forums and intelligence sharing groups, to get timely and relevant information and facilitate BlockFi’s participation as an industry leader • Collaborate closely with Operations, Client Services, Legal and Compliance groups to drive investigation across our client-facing processes and fraud & risk management lifecycle • Partner with business stakeholders to truly understand what and how the company runs and proactively identify areas where fraud and risk tools and processes can improve our clients trust and safety, minimize our business risk, and drive business value and efficiency • Provide thought leadership and communicate to senior management and stakeholders to ensure visibility, awareness and timely action for key investments and operational activities required • Define and monitor success metrics to ensure speed and effectiveness of investigations, and our ability to drive action based on investigation findings.
• Extensive and demonstrated experience with leading and building fraud investigation, incident response and data-driven analysis at scale • Passion and drive to fight fraud and protect clients, the business and the ecosystem from criminal activity • Deep domain expertise in the fraud domain, with extensive knowledge of identity and payment fraud methods, and tools and processes for prevention, detection and fraud operations. • Extensive knowledge of relevant fraud, risk and security technologies, industry standards and vendor landscape • Strong cross-functional leader with ability to drive results with partners across the organization • Expertise in driving operational efficiencies and scale through process improvements, automation, and staff development • Strong record of effective people management practices and building high performing teams. Demonstrated ability to provide leadership including outstanding interpersonal skills, communication, team building/development, and integrity. • Expertise in identity fraud and account takeover, in payment processing and risk management across traditional methods like ACH and Wires, as well as on-chain crypto transactions. • Superb communication, presentation and interpersonal skills with large and diverse group dynamics, and the ability to explain complex fraud issues in simple and clear ways • Successful track record of engaging and building trust with senior stakeholders and partners • Some knowledge of the cryptocurrency ecosystem (BTC, ETH, Stablecoin, etc.) and underlying technologies (blockchain, wallets, etc.), and specific fraud trends in the crypto industry • Be a doer that can get things done and unblock tasks while building deep organizational relationships along the way.
• As the Director of Client Fraud & Risk, Investigation and Analytics, you will define and own the operational process of investigation into fraud attacks, to rapidly understand attack vectors and our vulnerabilities, and drive mitigation of systems, processes and tools across our layered controls. This person will build a team of highly motivated and skilled fraud analysts and will collaborate and partner closely with the Security Incident Response & Investigation team and with Fraud Operations to continually investigate and research suspected and confirmed fraudulent activity on the BlockFi platform. You and your team will use internal data and log sources, and external intelligence, in order to determine and explain how the fraud occurred, and provide a continuous feedback loop into Fraud Product, Security Engineering, Fraud Ops and Client Service teams. You will be part of the overall Security team and supported by all of our security team functions: security operations and incident response, security engineering, threat intelligence, red team, etc.
• BlockFi has experienced incredible growth since our launch in August 2017. From raising over $100MM in debt and equity capital to helping thousands of clients (and growing!) do more with their crypto assets, we have established a dominant position as the debt and credit crypto market leader in the U.S. As we expand our product suite and geographic footprint, our addressable market will grow exponentially. • BlockFi's leadership team has decades of experience in the traditional financial services and banking world, and we take a conservative approach to regulation that will position us well for sustainable long-term growth and expansion. • Our team is comprised of highly motivated professionals from diverse backgrounds. We are aiming to become the leading lender in crypto and are poised to redefine the global financial ecosystem for the better. In addition: • BlockFi is one of the first companies to ever offer crypto-backed loans and the only company whose founding team has an institutional understanding of the debt capital markets and regulatory landscape in the U.S. $4.3MM of seed funding and $50MM in capital for funding loans $100 MM of Series A, B, and C funding led by Valar Ventures with participation from Susquehanna, Winklevoss Capital, Fidelity, Galaxy Digital, Akuna Capital, and Morgan Creek • We are moving quickly and have already deployed substantial capital into the space, proving our ability to execute and capture customer demand.
• At BlockFi, our Security Team works across the entire spectrum of technologies and products that power our business, protecting over $3B in value. We are building our client facing Fraud & Risk team, tools and capabilities, working across our business lines and product offerings, to protect our clients across all of their interactions with BlockFi. • While facing incredibly complex threats in an ever-change security landscape, BlockFi has continued to thrive and needs the right capabilities, tools and processes built by passionate and energetic professionals as we work to scale our business globally.
• This role can be full-time remote, even after COVID. Our team is largely remote, working across timezones and prides itself on being solutions-focused.
What are signals?
Signals are a way of compiling a list of people you’ll consider working with. Others can signal you as well.
By signaling a person or organization you notify them that you’ll consider working with them. Thus:
55% of jobs are filled via referrals 1 . With Signals, Torre makes it easy for you.