What language do you want to use Torre in?
Are you an Australia or New Zealand based DevOps Engineer or Cloud Infrastructure Engineer ? Are you available for a 12 month fixed term contract? Is automation a way of life to you? Do you understand how to balance complexity and functionality? At the end of the day, DevOps Engineers create interesting solutions using cutting edge technology and use their skills to deliver value to our clients, if this sounds like you then this job could be for you!
• As a DevOps Engineer you will become part of our clients’ team, building trust, providing technical leadership and managing client relationships with regards to the current project to which the Engineer is assigned. • Work with stakeholders to discover technical and business requirements, assist in project plan creation and documentation for both small and medium sized projects. • Participation in sprint planning activities including story point estimation and ceremonies such as standups, backlog grooming and story refinement, planning and retrospectives. • Implement technical project work and deliver to clients. • Research, evaluate, and recommend third party software and technology packages. • Provide component or site-wide performance optimization and capacity planning. • Make and document best practice recommendations. • Create automated provisioning solutions for servers, environments, cloud, container platforms and data centers. • Continuously learn and improve existing technical skills, and acquire new skills that will be useful for future work. • Be an expert on a wide range of tools and platforms, and embrace an ever evolving technology landscape.
• Experience Engineering solutions on major cloud provider platforms ideally Google Cloud Platform (GCP) but Amazon Web Services and Microsoft Azure are also great. • Hands on experience as an administrator of Linux or Windows, preferably both. • Strong understanding of architectures and design patterns used to ensure applications and services are highly available, performant and scalable. • Experience supporting common open-source application stacks • Proficiency in at least one popular programming language (Java, Python, Go, Node.js etc) and be able to write scripts for maintenance and automation in a variety of languages (e.g. Bash, Python, Ruby, or Powershell etc). • Experience with common configuration management tools (Puppet, Chef, Ansible, etc…) • Strong knowledge of automating deployment, scaling, and management of containerized applications, ideally with hands-on experience with Kubernetes and tools such as Helm and Istio. • Exposure to Anthos a plus. • Experience to on-prem Infrastructure stack - VMware Esxi, F5 Load Balancers etc. • Be skilled with common CI/CD tools (Jenkins, Bamboo, Artifactory, ArgoCD, etc…) • Development workflows / patterns including Gitops, automated testing frameworks, gitflow vs trunk based development, etc • Experience with stream-processing software platforms such as Kafka • Understanding of the principles of data security, including encryption, access control and identity management, and the technical application of associated policies, such as separation of duties and data custodianship.
• Pythian excels at helping businesses use their data and cloud to transform how they compete and win in this ever-changing environment by delivering advanced on-prem, hybrid, cloud and multi-cloud solutions to solve the toughest data challenges faster and better than anyone else. Founded and headquartered in Ottawa, Canada in 1997, Pythian now has more than 300 employees located around the globe with over 350 clients spanning industries from SaaS; media; gaming; financial services; e-commerce and more. Pythian is known for its technology-enabled data expertise covering everything from ETL to ML. We pride ourselves on our ability to deliver innovative solutions that meet the specific data goals of each client and have built meaningful partnerships with major cloud vendors AWS, Google and Microsoft. The powerful combination of our extensive expertise in data and cloud and our ability to keep on top of the latest bleeding edge technologies make us the perfect partner to help mid and large-sized businesses transform to stay ahead in today’s rapidly changing digital economy. If you are a Cloud Infrastructure Engineer or DevOps Engineer; live in the Australia or New Zealand, love your data and want to love your career then join us!
• Pythian is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available upon request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
• Applicants must be legally authorized to work in their country of residence permanently– Pythian will not relocate, sponsor, or file petitions of any kind on behalf of a foreign worker to gain a work visa, become a permanent resident based on a permanent job offer, or to otherwise obtain authorization to work.
What are signals?
Signals are a way of compiling a list of people you’ll consider working with. Others can signal you as well.
By signaling a person or organization you notify them that you’ll consider working with them. Thus:
55% of jobs are filled via referrals 1 . With Signals, Torre makes it easy for you.