What language do you want to use Torre in?
• Work closely with our design team to create best-in-class video recording and playback experiences • Independently own implementation of end-to-end improvements to our already-magical user experience • Investigate reliability and performance of our video capture pipeline to increase recording success rates • Establish and document best practices and design patterns while implementing new features using SwiftUI. • You'll be joining at a crucial time in our mobile team's history, helping transition the mobile product from an experiment to a core component of every loom user's experience. As an early member of our mobile team, you will define best practices, architect robust code, and lay the foundations for our product for years to come. You will be part of a small team delivering massive value and work on everything from UI to low-level video and everything in-between.
• Fluency in Swift. Objective-C experience is a plus • Passion for UI fluidity and performance • Curiosity, and a constant desire to learn and improve • Deep AVFoundation Experience is a plus • SwiftUI & Combine Experience is a plus.
• 1 month: You have familiarized yourself with subsets of our iOS codebase and shipped your first bug fix and small feature to production. • 3 months: You are deeply familiar with our UI and networking architecture. You have begun to understand where it can be improved and pushed for these improvements while shipping new work. • 6 months: You have worked across most, if not all, systems within our app. Everything from debugging video pipeline issues to improving our GraphQL services. You have seamlessly integrated into, and helped improve, our existing team processes to ship with velocity.
• 3+ years of experience building native iOS applications.
• Loom is on a mission to empower everyone at work to communicate more effectively, wherever they are. We are already trusted by over 9M users across 120k+ companies. Our customers are global and use Loom at work at world-class companies including HubSpot, Square, Uber, GrubHub, and LinkedIn. • Founded in 2015, Loom has raised $73 million from top-tier investors including Sequoia Capital, Kleiner Perkins, Coatue, the Slack Fund, and the founders of Instagram, Figma, and Front. • The Stack: • The iOS app is built using Swift, UIKit, AVFoundation APIs, and our own custom encoding layer. We're always evolving, and have begun to integrate SwiftUI and Combine too! The application communicates with Loom's infrastructure entirely via GraphQL.
• We are actively seeking to create a diverse work environment because teams are stronger with different perspectives and experiences. • We value a diverse workplace and encourage women, people of color, LGBTQIA individuals, people with disabilities, members of ethnic minorities, foreign-born residents, older members of society, and others from minority groups and diverse backgrounds to apply. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, gender, religion, color, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. All employees and contractors of Loom are responsible for maintaining a work culture free from discrimination and harassment by treating others with kindness and respect.
What are signals?
Signals are a way of compiling a list of people you’ll consider working with. Others can signal you as well.
By signaling a person or organization you notify them that you’ll consider working with them. Thus:
55% of jobs are filled via referrals 1 . With Signals, Torre makes it easy for you.