What language do you want to use Torre in?
As a Motion/Planning Engineer at Seegrid, you will develop the autonomous capabilities of next generation industrial robotics. You will work with cross-functional teams to develop algorithms for mapping, planning, and understanding that empower Seegrid’s vehicles to perform increasingly complex transport activities in a reliable and scalable fashion. We are seeking candidates with a strong desire to advance the state-of-the-art through delivering products to market. We have a strong preference for hands-on practitioners skilled in software engineering, able to be deep in code, but also driven to learn and improve not only the products on which you work, but how you work.
• Develop reliable and high-performance motion planning and decision-making software for mobile autonomous systems. • Build and integrate software and algorithms for path planning, behavioral planning and vehicle control. • Design and build robust and scalable codebase that enables rapid exploration and evaluation of different motion planning approaches and algorithms. • Test and validate your software through unit and integration tests, simulations, and analysis of fielded performance. • Guide others to develop better software practices and principles. • Work with product management, a cross-functional engineering team, and quality to map development priorities to the product roadmap and deliver quality solutions to market on schedule.
• Modern C++ development experience in a Unix/Linux environment. • Experience in robotics development in motion planning and control (e.g., trajectory optimization, planning under uncertainty, probabilistic robotics, optimal control, guidance, navigation and control, etc.). • Understanding of kinematic and dynamic vehicle models • Experience in data structures and advanced algorithms • Practical knowledge of software engineering principles including software design, source control management, build processes, code reviews, testing methods. • Experience implementing scalable and maintainable software design patterns. • Experience in safety-critical applications and hard real-time constraints. • Strong problem-solving skills and ability to learn. • Strong communication and interpersonal skills. • Flexible and creative thinking.
• Bachelor’s degree or higher in Computer Science, Robotics, or relevant field. • 2-6 years of software development experience.
• Seegrid is the leading provider of mobile industrial automation solutions for materials handling with over two million production miles driven in some of the world’s biggest companies. We combine vision-guided vehicles, fleet management, and enterprise intelligence data into a platform that empowers our customers to automate and optimize material flow. • We put autonomous vehicles to work today with an emphasis on safety, reliability, and flexibility. We are passionate about making our customers successful in deploying end-to-end automation solutions and foster a culture of collaboration, active and open communication, integrity, and respect. The challenges before us are great, but we are a high-performance team driven to change how the world does logistics.
• All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status. • Seegrid is an equal opportunity employer Minorities/Females/People with Disabilities/Protected Veterans/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity.
What are signals?
Signals are a way of compiling a list of people you’ll consider working with. Others can signal you as well.
By signaling a person or organization you notify them that you’ll consider working with them. Thus:
55% of jobs are filled via referrals 1 . With Signals, Torre makes it easy for you.