What language do you want to use Torre in?
Ready to help the Department of Transportation staff engineering positions critical to our nation’s infrastructure security? Aptive is seeking a Technical Recruiter with a passion for finding exceptional people and demonstrated experience managing full cycle recruiting for technical, scientific and engineering roles for the federal government. The selected candidate can expect to build candidate flow and pipeline to meet overall recruiting goals in collaboration with other Aptive team members and federal recruiting employees. Success in this role will be determined by their ability to communicate, be responsive and decisive, manage competing priorities, anticipate deadlines, backwards plan, and maintain exceptional organization. Additionally, the selected candidate will be able to demonstrate their capacity for leveraging data to diagnose opportunities and drive solutions, experience working in a highly collaborative culture, and experience with project management, including supporting the delivery of large, strategic, complex, cross-functional, and multi-site projects on-time and on-budget.
• Manage full cycle recruiting process for technical ensuring a positive candidate experience. • Work with recruiting team members (Recruiters, Sourcers, and Coordinators) to develop, implement, and execute hiring strategy for open requisitions. • Cultivate and maintain an ongoing strong working relationship with federal employee business leaders and HR Business Partners to understand the business units, facilitate workforce planning strategies and create a partnership that ensures a streamlined and effective hiring process. • Screen resumes and interview qualified candidates. • Facilitate interview and hiring discussions with interviewers and hiring managers. • Identify potential and priority candidates through the Applicant Tracking System, candidate referrals, networking, and web sourcing; establish key channels to recruit new hires with a focus on diverse candidates and military veterans. • Maintain reporting metrics and generate reports on regular basis; maintain and advise on recruiting FY budgets. • Design innovative ways to attract, recruit, assess and hire top talent. • Support training for staffing activities such as interview skills, pre-assessment tools, etc. • Create and maintain best practices for recruiting and diverse sourcing.
• Knowledge of applicant tracking systems. • Knowledge of lob boards such as Indeed, ClearedJobs, etc and social media sourcing tools. • Experience in managing projects and/or recruiting in the Federal contracting space. • Ability to obtain and maintain a public trust clearance. • Legal authorization to work in the U.S. • Recruiting experience across multiple departments, disciplines, with deep familiarity with the federal hiring process. • Experience recruiting for technical, scientific, and engineering roles (e.g. mechanical engineer, civil engineer, petroleum engineer. Desired skills: • Experience with analytical and quantitative work, including leveraging data to diagnose opportunities and drive solutions. • Experience with working in a highly collaborative culture, including leveraging influence skills without direct resources or authority. • Solid business acumen; experience with project management, including supporting the delivery of large, strategic, complex, cross-functional, and multi-site projects on-time and on-budget. • Ability to use written and verbal expertise to build credibility, influence, and consult with all levels in the organization. • Ability to maintain strong relationships with all clients including internal/external recruiters, business partners and candidates. • Experience with recruiting highly technical candidates for challenging roles. • Ability to get up to speed quickly on complex issues; desire to work in a fast-paced, rapidly evolving environment. • Capable self-starter with a drive to get all types of work done and high attention to detail. • Excellent ability to communicate across most mediums and settings. • Knowledge of military and Veteran populations.
• 7+ years of full-cycle recruiting experience, working across talent acquisition for a large federal professional services firm or directly hiring for the U.S. government. • Bachelor’s degree.
• Aptive is a modern federal consulting firm focused on human experience, digital services and business transformation. • The Office of Transition and Economic Development (OTED) is currently serving as VA’s policy and program lead for preparing service members to become civilian ready through its services provided during the Transition Assistance Program (TAP); serving as VA’s authority on Veteran economic development policies and initiatives, including Chapter 36 Personalized Career Planning and Guidance; and orchestrating public and private partnerships which support the total well-being of service members, Veterans, and their families before, during, and after their transition from military life.
• Aptive is an equal opportunity employer. We consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, parental status, veteran status, age, disability or any other protected class. • Veterans, members of the Reserve and National Guard, and transitioning active-duty service members are highly encouraged to apply.
• This key team member would join a team helping the Department of Transportation Pipeline and Hazardous Materials Safety Administration hire highly qualified personnel to ensure that the nation’s fuel transportation pipelines are both environmentally sound and secure.
• This mid-level, full-time position is on-site in Alexandria, VA, though remote working arrangements may be possible for the right candidate. This is a contingent hire position.
What are signals?
Signals are a way of compiling a list of people you’ll consider working with. Others can signal you as well.
By signaling a person or organization you notify them that you’ll consider working with them. Thus:
55% of jobs are filled via referrals 1 . With Signals, Torre makes it easy for you.