What language do you want to use Torre in?
• Develops and implements strategies for minimizing organizational tax liability and ensuring compliance with tax code changes. • Directs the review and submission of tax related documents or filings, which may include federal, state, or local tax returns, declarations, or extensions. • Coordinate with and oversee external advisors on the preparation of the annual tax provision for the financial statements. • Reconciliation and validation of income tax accounts and balance sheet tax accounts. • Responsible for indirect taxes including sales/use tax, excise tax, franchise taxes, property taxes, gross receipts taxes, and other applicable taxes. Apply for tax business licenses and maintain renewals. Ensure that we are in compliance with all indirect tax requirements. • Prepare and manage monthly indirect tax accrual for all jurisdictions, including collaborating with accounting and other business partners to ensure proper accrual. • Provide expertise and oversee the implementation of tax billing and taxing systems in anticipation, or as a result of, new and evolving business practices or tax legislation. Manage and ensure efficient closing of all indirect and direct tax audits and tax assessment notices. • Maintain the relationship with external auditors, provide pragmatic solutions and alternatives to challenging reporting requests and inquiries. • Research tax issues and prepare technical memos and documentation to support our reporting positions. • Tax audit support, including responding to IDRs. • As Attentive expands internationally, this position will also play a key role in creating and supporting international tax processes including transfer pricing, compliance, reporting, forecasting, tax planning and statutory tax audits by governmental authorities. • Own all communications with local tax authorities. • Other ad-hoc projects as needed.
• 13+ years of relevant experience, including Big Four Public Accounting combined with in-house tax experience in a public company. • Start up and IPO experience a plus. • BA/BS degree and CPA/Masters in Taxation required. • Solid understanding of US federal and state income tax law as well as indirect tax. Experience with International markets strongly preferred. • Self-starter with strong technical and analytical skills with an ability to quickly bridge technical requirements, conceptualize and define workflows and to innovate and enhance processes. • The ideal candidate will be detail-oriented and have a hands-on approach - not afraid to get into the data and roll up sleeves as well as review/instruct/work with 3rd parties. • Ability to manage multiple engagements and complete projects in a dynamic, growing and fast-paced environment. • Must be able to effectively communicate both verbally and in writing with all levels of personnel, across functions, organizations and with external contacts. • Ability to work independently. • Avalara/Netsuite system experience a plus.
• This position is responsible for the Company’s tax compliance, tax planning and accounting for income and indirect taxes. The successful candidate will work with businesses, service providers, and other tax professionals in carrying out his or her responsibilities. He or she will work with financial management within the Company and third party service providers. The candidate will report to the Global Controller.
• Attentive is a personalized text messaging platform changing the way consumers interact with businesses and organizations. The company is one of the fastest growing startups in New York City and recently raised a $230 million investment led by Coatue in September 2020, just 5 months after its Series C round due to strong customer traction. Other investors in Attentive include Bain Capital Ventures, Sequoia, IVP. • We work with 2,000+ of the most innovative brands like Sephora, Coach, Urban Outfitters, CB2, PacSun, Lulus, and Jack in the Box. Attentive was founded in 2016 by the co-founders of TapCommerce, a mobile marketing platform that was acquired by Twitter in 2014.
• Robust health benefits packages including access to a 401k and various medical, dental and vision plans, and $100/month fitness reimbursement • Full support for remote work during COVID-19 • Daily lunch delivery credit and other goodies sent to home • Regular company-wide social events (even virtually!) • Generous annual education stipend toward job-related external learning opportunities • An extremely enthusiastic team that appreciates collaboration
What are signals?
Signals are a way of compiling a list of people you’ll consider working with. Others can signal you as well.
By signaling a person or organization you notify them that you’ll consider working with them. Thus:
55% of jobs are filled via referrals 1 . With Signals, Torre makes it easy for you.