What language do you want to use Torre in?
• Supporting the development and international expansion of our next-generation, privacy-aware, Kappa-style data architecture using Kafka, PostgreSQL, AWS, and Confluent Platform. • Integrating additional data sources and real-time event streams from internal and third-party systems. • Developing and expanding novel compliance systems which allow us to fully audit and control how data travels internationally and how it is used analytically. We respect and carefully consider all applicable legal frameworks, patient consent, and patient privacy. • Frequently communicating your efforts to the Data Engineering Lead and other technical/non-technical stakeholders in clear written, verbal, or presentation form. • Becoming intimately familiar with HIPAA, GDPR, and other applicable regulatory frameworks and how they influence our architecture and development decisions. • Living our data philosophy, which focuses on ethical decision making, being aware of how biased data (and assumptions) can affect results (and people), and being laser-focused on business needs.
• Deep practical experience with AWS (Redshift, S3, MSK, etc.), Docker, Terraform, Kafka (and KStreams), and distributed systems. • Expertise in Clojure in the context of data applications. • Experience with systems engineering, orchestration, data architecture and modeling, and awareness of the nuances of testing and deploying distributed data architecture at scale. • Notable open-source contributions to software used by the data engineering or data science communities. • Advanced degree in a related field.
• At least 4 years of professional work experience in a role at a startup company dealing with regulated health data.
• Our global healthcare system relies on clinical trials to develop new, life-saving treatments for patients. But clinical trials continue to be slow, unpredictable, and expensive. Reify Health’s software empowers both the research sponsors who drive clinical trials forward and the doctors and research coordinators who care for patient volunteers so that they can devote more focus and time toward the work that results in successful clinical research. We envision a world where every potential therapy, if safe and effective, is available to the patients who can benefit.
• By joining our Data team, you will support the growth of an empathetic, data-driven culture at Reify and deliver novel data products which allow sites and sponsors to make clinical trials more efficient and predictable. • We’re here because we’re compelled to make a difference for patients around the world, each with a personal story that draws us to Reify Health’s mission. Work with us to bring better medical treatments to the people who need them, more quickly and more affordably. • We value diversity and believe the unique contributions each of us brings drives our success. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
• We're a team of clinical research professionals, software designers, engineers, data experts, and customer success obsessives. We have developed successful clinical research sites from the ground up, overseen hundreds of clinical trials at the sponsor and research site levels, and built and scaled clinical trial software used by leading institutions across the global life science industry. We support the work of thousands of research sites across dozens of countries and some of world’s largest global biopharmaceutical companies.
• For US-based candidates: We are only able to hire full-time employees with permanent residency or citizenship amenable to Eastern Standard Time working hours. We are not able to sponsor visas (such as H1-B) at this time. • For internationally-based candidates: We are able to hire international contractors on a case-by-case basis who are amenable to significant overlap of their working hours with Eastern Standard Time.
What are signals?
Signals are a way of compiling a list of people you’ll consider working with. Others can signal you as well.
By signaling a person or organization you notify them that you’ll consider working with them. Thus:
55% of jobs are filled via referrals 1 . With Signals, Torre makes it easy for you.