What language do you want to use Torre in?
• Planet is seeking a Regional Sales Director to lead and continue to develop a team for part of the EMEA region, based in Europe (ideally Germany or UK). The role will lead our business growth in priority markets and strategic accounts, both commercial and national governments. Focused on strategically identified industries; Agriculture, Energy, National and Local Government, Defense & Intelligence. You will lead a team of highly talented senior Sales Account Executives and preside over the successful development, implementation and execution of a sales strategy for Planet’s satellite imagery and imagery-derived analytical products. You will be a member of Planet EMEA’s Sales Leadership team, reporting to EMEA VP of Sales. Above all else, you are inspired by Planet’s unique value proposition and want to join us on our mission to see change and change the world.
• Provide visionary and strategic leadership for the sales organization • Lead from the front, engaging directly with customers, supporting the Sales team to build, grow and close deals to exceed targets and help deliver on our mission • Own and implement the GTM Strategy within your region • Develop and lead a team of highly talented Sales people, geographically dispersed across the region • Be a coach and mentor to your sales team, helping them achieve their potential • Provide opportunity leadership, getting hands on to develop large strategic deals, identify and present customer value and ROI, lead complex negotiations, close $1m+ deals and exceed targets • Rigorously support and inspect account planning and deal review, • Collaborate on the development of key strategies for customer engagement and communications • Become a Planet ambassador in your region • Understand the competitive landscape for Planet Inc.’s products and their proper Positioning to take to assure a competitive advantage • Collaborate with the Director of Customer Success to verify that customer Obligations are being met and our customers are satisfied • Lead a team of regional Account Executives, providing strategic guidance and support • Collaborate within the EMEA and Global Sales organization, and other Planet Leadership teams • Collaborate with our EMEA Channel Sales Director to support the Partner business in the region • Represent one of Planet’s EMEA Regional Sales teams, running team cadence of communications and reviews, forecasting the business and sharing results and key learnings • Providing market insights and channeling the voice of customer to help guide our development teams to better serve customer and market needs • Interact with Planet Inc legal and finance departments for any contract to be aligned with Planet’s products and policies
• Demonstrated leadership experience in a start-up environment, with a track record of strong judgement and decision-making skills • Embody an ‘own it’ attitude, having taken on career challenges and overcome setbacks, learning from mistakes • Hands on leadership experience, with the ability to coach and inspire, with a track record of overachieving against targets • Sales leadership at an executive level in a company of similar or larger size during a growth phase, with particular experience in leading a diverse team and building a unifying vision, mission, and culture • Able to forecast accurately and consistently, taking ownership of the team and number to deliver results • Experience working across different countries, cultures and industries in Europe • An appreciation for the value of diverse teams and different experiences • Genuine commitment to the customer and their success • Excellent communication and diverse problem solving skills
• Demonstrated success finding and winning business, including 10+ years Enterprise Sales experience, a master of strategic selling, account planning
• Welcome to Planet. We believe in using space to help life on Earth. • Planet designs, builds, and operates the largest constellation of imaging satellites in history. This constellation delivers an unprecedented dataset of empirical information via a revolutionary cloud-based platform to authoritative figures in commercial, environmental, and humanitarian sectors. We are both a space company and data company all rolled into one. • Customers and users across the globe use Planet's data to develop new technologies, drive revenue, power research, and solve our world’s toughest obstacles. • As we control every component of hardware design, manufacturing, data processing, and software engineering, our office is a truly inspiring mix of experts from a variety of domains. • We have a people-centric approach toward culture and community and we strive to iterate in a way that puts our team members first and prepares our company for growth. Join Planet and be a part of our mission to change the way people see the world.
• We’re dedicated to helping the whole Planet, and to do that we must strive to represent all of it within each of our offices and on all of our teams. That’s why Planet is guided by an ultimate north star of Belonging, dreaming big as we approach our ongoing work with diversity, equity and inclusion. If this job intrigues you, but you’re thinking you might not have all the qualifications, please... do apply! At Planet, we are looking for well-rounded people from around the world who can contribute to more ways than just what is listed in this job description. We don’t just fill positions, we aspire to fulfill people’s careers, most excited about folks who are motivated by our underlying humanitarian efforts. We are a few orbits around the sun before we get to where we want to be, so we hope you’re excited to come along for the ride.
• Benefits - Berlin: • Enjoy a spacious central office located in U/S-Bahn Zoologischer Garten • Employees’ well-being is our top priority: on site massages, snacks, fruits, drinks and company lunches • Additional contributions to Company Pension schemes • Enjoy unique offers and discounts for companies/web shops • Additional Company Holidays
What are signals?
Signals are a way of compiling a list of people you’ll consider working with. Others can signal you as well.
By signaling a person or organization you notify them that you’ll consider working with them. Thus:
55% of jobs are filled via referrals 1 . With Signals, Torre makes it easy for you.