What language do you want to use Torre in?
• Knightscope is seeking an exceptionally strong manager for the robotics engineering team who will have a total systems perspective to expand the functionality and robustness of Knightscope’s Autonomous Data Machines. You will have end-to-end responsibility to develop robust solutions for real-world robotic applications. Starting with a strong theoretical framework you will develop complex algorithms, integrate your code in a production level collaborative software environment, work with integrating sensors, and verify functionalities with our robots and user interfaces. Your work will have a direct impact on what the Company delivers to our customers. We are a fast-paced environment - your personal drive and abilities will define execution speed and results. The position is located in Mountain View, CA.
• Full management responsibility for the robotics team including recruiting, performance, project management, goals, etc. • Integrate and expand capabilities utilizing lidar, sonar, wheel encoders, IMU and computer vision for 24/7 real-world autonomous navigation. • Implement algorithms that run on our robots, both internal to the software system and client facing. • Development will include improving localization, improving obstacle avoidance, identifying root cause of software node crashes, developing new techniques for mapping/navigation etc. • Integration of GPS based navigation capabilities. • Ensure implementation is carefully thought through, keeping in mind readability, compute, scalability, maintainability, testing and other best practice considerations. • Be proactive in figuring out bottlenecks and issues with the existing setup. • Use design skills to pick the best solution for solving a given problem. • Stay up-to-date on changes and improvements happening in software, hardware and electrical.
• Proficiency in self-driving / autonomous technology stack. • Excellent coding skills in C++, Python and Bash. • Experience working with Linux systems. • General understanding of writing tests and testable code. • Strong written & verbal communication skills. • Experience developing software for ground based autonomous systems. • Good understanding of robotics concepts such as sensor fusion, localization, path planning, FSMs etc. Nice to have: • Experience with PCL, Boost and/or ROS would be great. • Familiarity with version control tools such as Git. • Hands on approach, and interesting in looking at the system as a whole including hardware and operations.
• 2+ years of management/leadership experience • Master's degree in robotics science. • 5+ years experience in writing production level release of software/hardware. • Bonus Points: Experience in a startup environment
• Knightscope’s long-term ambition is to make the United States of America the safest country in the world, changing everything for everyone. Our vision is to develop a technology stack to predict and prevent crime utilizing autonomous robots, analytics and engagement utilizing a "Hardware + Software + Humans" approach. Our solution includes providing an autonomous physical presence, gathering data from the environment in real-time, and pushing anomalies to our user interface, the Knightscope Security Operations Center (KSOC), providing our clients across the U.S. a 24/7 force multiplier effect.
• All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex or national origin.
• Remote Work-from-Home (in the U.S.) Flexibility Available
What are signals?
Signals are a way of compiling a list of people you’ll consider working with. Others can signal you as well.
By signaling a person or organization you notify them that you’ll consider working with them. Thus:
55% of jobs are filled via referrals 1 . With Signals, Torre makes it easy for you.