What language do you want to use Torre in?
Are you a passionate Systems Administrator/Architect or Platform Engineer looking for a new challenge? Do you have laser focus to provide the best products and services that will ensure an awesome customer experience? Are you naturally curious and a team player? If so, we have the perfect opportunity for you! We are looking for an experienced individual ready to join the rest of the Infrastructure, Networking, and Systems Teams to continually improve upon our existing infrastructure and to keep us at peak performance and reliability. This position will also diagnose and fix complex hardware, software, and system issues as well as take point on both implementation and R&D projects. This role is open for applicants that can work within any of the four US time zones. This position is 100% remote and you can work anywhere in the world. Employment Type: Full-time, Exempt, 100% Remote eligible
• Collaborate with a great team of helpful and like-minded people designing and implementing infrastructure to improve existing services or build out new locations from the ground up. • Learn new things and help determine the business value for new technologies and products. • Maintain and improve service quality and reliability across our complex set of services. • Share your knowledge and experience with both high- and low-level folks to increase the strength and collaboration of our teams. • Troubleshoot production issues and coordinate with the Systems, Networking, and Support teams. • Help the team establish and refine policies and processes to provide top-notch services and help Support provide top-notch support. • Standardize, optimize, and automate our infrastructure for maximum performance and stability. • Create new tools and improve existing ones to help automate tasks for our Systems and Support teams. • Document configuration standards, troubleshooting steps, and platform designs. • Conduct systems reviews for security, performance, and availability. • Participate in an on-call rotation.
• Advanced experience in automation and a strong desire to manage systems at scale in a consistent and reliable manner. • Advanced-to-expert knowledge securing and configuring public-facing Linux servers and services. • Experience with configuration management systems and the ability to write new modules and modify existing ones (preferably SaltStack). • Excellent understanding of web server software, HTML, PHP, and the ability to troubleshoot advanced errors. • Expertise working in an Agile environment. • Proficient in at least one programming language (preferably Python) and code versioning tools such as Git (preferably in conjunction with GitLab). • Strong problem-solving attitude. • Ability to work on your own or as a team in a fast-paced and constantly changing environment. • Excellent verbal and written English communication skills. • A positive attitude and eagerness to share! • Desired Qualifications • Experience with web hosting software such as cPanel, Plesk, WHMCS, and Kayako. • Experience in developing with Django
• 8+ years Linux system administration experience including installation, configuration, and troubleshooting.
• A2 Hosting, Inc. is a premier high performance hosting company with clients around the world. We are currently seeking an experienced Systems Engineer specializing or otherwise experienced in Linux-based infrastructure who can help us further develop our platforms and products as we continue to grow!
• At A2 Hosting, our Core Values guide the work that we do. You might fit in well at A2 if these values describe you: • Passionate - We take pride in what we do • Collaborative - We think about the team first • Customer Focused - We are empathetic and respectful • Curious - We desire to learn and do better • Agile - We are able to move quickly and easily
• Systems Engineer - Infrastructure (Remote) • Location: Ann Arbor, MI / Remote
What are signals?
Signals are a way of compiling a list of people you’ll consider working with. Others can signal you as well.
By signaling a person or organization you notify them that you’ll consider working with them. Thus:
55% of jobs are filled via referrals 1 . With Signals, Torre makes it easy for you.