At VICTOR we believe our people are our most important asset. We offer a dynamic & challenging work environment, training and development opportunities, a competitive total rewards package and believe in work/life balance.
We currently have an opening in our Group Benefits department in reporting to our Mississauga office for a New Business Coordinator.
What can you expect?
The New Business Coordinator will join our team of colleagues in our dynamic Group Benefits Client Service department.
What is in it for you?
Victor Canada offers competitive employee benefits and a thriving culture to bring your authentic self to work
- A company with a strong Brand and strong results to match
- Culture of internal mobility, collaboration and valued partnership with the business.
- Employee Resource Groups which provide access to leaders, relevant volunteer and mentoring opportunities and interactions with counterparts in industry groups and client organizations. Additionally, access to the IDEA community
- Competitive pay, full benefits package – starting day one (medical, dental, vision, STD/LTD, life insurance, RSP (Retirement Savings Plan) or TFSA (tax free savings account.)
- Tuition Reimbursement and participation in our Employee Stock Purchase Plan and Savings Plan
- Entitled to vacation and floating holidays, time off to give back to your community, sick days and national holidays (with early dismissal).
We will count on you to:
- Processes all incoming new business and plan amendments, ensuring that work is completed accurately and in accordance with established service standards
- Reviews group insurance application and enrollments for completeness; follows up with plan advisors or sales team for outstanding information as necessary
- Prepares client files for updating by assigning client numbers, plan design codes and Client Service Specialists
- Sets up new client records by entering all client data such as employer, benefit, rate, and employee information into the database
- Enrolls each individual within the client group in the system pursuant to the elected coverage and plan design
- Determines underwriting requirements and initiates underwriting
- Composes routine correspondence to follow up for missing information
- Creates booklets and welcome packages for new clients
- Processes plan amendments by updating database and issuing required materials
- Completes self and peer reviews of files for accuracy and integrity of data
- Adheres to all New Business standards such as five day turnaround on transactions
What you need to have:
- Post-secondary education or equivalent
- Minimum of one year of previous work experience in an office environment
- Knowledge of database and word-processing software as well as word-processing skills are necessary.
- Must be detail oriented and have strong analytical and problem solving skills with the ability to understand policies and procedures.
- Good with math and calculations
- Strong communication skills and the ability to follow directions are also required.
- Group benefits experience is a plus
Victor Canada is a subsidiary of Victor Insurance Holdings and a leading managing general agent in Canada. Victor Canada has a rich history in specialty insurance, and offers a unique range of products and programs distributed through independent brokers and advisors. With deep, specialized underwriting expertise, the company provides a wide range of insurance coverage—from specialty property and casualty and professional liability insurance to group and retiree benefits.
Victor Insurance Holdings is the world’s largest managing general underwriter with locations in the US, Canada, UK, Netherlands, Germany, Italy and Australia. It handles more than $1.6 billion USD in premium on behalf of numerous insurance carriers, through a large network of more than 25,000 active insurance agents and brokers. Victor Insurance is committed to building on 60-plus years of experience to develop products that address risk in new and evolving areas.