What language do you want to use Torre in?
• Our technology is what sets us apart and we are looking to hire a Senior Software Developer with strong experience in Ruby on Rails to join our growing Engineering team.
• You will contribute to our growing team by being the bridge between design and development, ensuring the functional execution and support for our existing websites and web applications. Essentially, you will be designing, implementing, and launching user-facing features to enhance the overall content experience by writing testable backend code that is easily maintainable and scalable.
• About you: • Has built high-scale cloud services. • Is an optimizer. They do something once then look for opportunities to automate. They always package up reusable code and share it with others. • Has experience working on a tight-knit collaborative team. • Is a constant learner, ready to pick up new technologies, patterns, and paradigms. • Experience working on a tight-knit collaborative team • Constant learner, ready to pick up new technologies, patterns and paradigms • Experience with Node.JS is an asset
• You have been writing code for 3+ years. • 3+ years of writing production-level code in Ruby on Rails • 3+ years of coding API applications
• Second Closet is a fully integrated Canadian e-Commerce business logistics and fulfillment partner. We offer cost-effective, technology-first solutions to seamlessly manage and securely store inventory, fulfill e-Commerce orders and deliver best in class customer experiences.
• At Second Closet, we are an Equal Opportunity Employer who celebrates and supports diversity. We are committed to providing employees an inclusive work environment that is free of discrimination and harassment. All applicants will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.
• This position is temporarily remote and is only available to candidates who are in Ontario, Canada. • Why us? • We are innovative, goal-oriented, and are always on the search for energetic people who are eager to learn and would like to have a rare opportunity to grow within one of Toronto's fastest growing companies. At Second Closet, you define your own responsibilities and will have a direct impact on product development from both internal and external users. • Our team at Second Closet is full of talented and humble individuals who enjoy working collaboratively within a friendly environment. The engineering squad is a small, tight-knit family with a team driven mind-set. We care about our people and believe in cultivating a healthy work-life balance, and we try not to take ourselves too seriously by having fun and open conversations at our workplace (if you're looking for quality banters, look no further). • There is immense room for growth and upward mobility, and here at Second Closet we will provide you support from the get-go to help you realize your potential. Each member of our team shares a mutual passion for their craft and are in constant pursuit for writing high quality code and developing products that will yield positive client experiences. We embrace all kinds of challenges head-on.
What are signals?
Signals are a way of compiling a list of people you’ll consider working with. Others can signal you as well.
By signaling a person or organization you notify them that you’ll consider working with them. Thus:
55% of jobs are filled via referrals 1 . With Signals, Torre makes it easy for you.