What language do you want to use Torre in?
• Knightscope is seeking an exceptionally strong software engineer focused on robotics to expand the functionality of Knightscope’s Autonomous Data Machines. You will have end-to-end responsibility to develop robust solutions for real-world robotic applications. Starting with a strong theoretical framework you will develop complex algorithms, integrate your code in a production level collaborative software environment, and verify functionalities with our robots and user interfaces. Your work will impact what we will deliver to our customers. We are a fast-paced environment - your personal drive and abilities will define execution speed and results.
• Implement algorithms that run on our robots, both internal to the software system and client facing. • Software development will include improving localization, improving obstacle avoidance, identifying root cause of software node crashes, developing new techniques for mapping/navigation etc. • Ensure implementation is carefully thought through, keeping in mind readability, compute, scalability, maintainability, testing and other best practice considerations. • Be proactive in figuring out bottlenecks and issues with the existing setup. • Use software design skills to pick the best solution for solving a given problem. • Stay up-to-date on changes and improvements happening in software.
• Working knowledge of multi-threading and object oriented programming. • Proficiency in data structures and algorithms, particularly graph based concepts. • Excellent coding skills in C++, Python and Bash. • Experience working with Linux systems. • General understanding of writing tests and testable code. • Strong written & verbal communication skills. • Experience developing software for robots or autonomous systems. • Good understanding of robotics concepts such as sensor fusion, localization, path planning, FSMs etc. Nice to have: • Contributions to open source projects or code that we can review is a big plus. • Experience with PCL, Boost and/or ROS would be great. • Familiarity with version control tools such as Git. • Experience with networking and interprocess communication concepts – such as xmlrpc, rabbitmq would be nice. • Experience with dealing with / triaging / debugging OS related issues such as with – drivers, installations, package control, file descriptors etc.
• Bachelors or higher degree in Computer science. • 3+ years experience in writing production level software. • Bonus Points: Experience in a startup environment
• Knightscope’s long-term ambition is to make the United States of America the safest country in the world, changing everything for everyone. Our vision is to develop a technology stack to predict and prevent crime utilizing autonomous robots, analytics and engagement utilizing a "Hardware + Software + Humans" approach. Our solution includes providing an autonomous physical presence, gathering data from the environment in real-time, and pushing anomalies to our user interface, the Knightscope Security Operations Center (KSOC), providing our clients across the U.S. a 24/7 force multiplier effect.
• All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex or national origin.
• Remote Work-from-Home (in the U.S.) Flexibility Available
What are signals?
Signals are a way of compiling a list of people you’ll consider working with. Others can signal you as well.
By signaling a person or organization you notify them that you’ll consider working with them. Thus:
55% of jobs are filled via referrals 1 . With Signals, Torre makes it easy for you.