What language do you want to use Torre in?
• Partner with data engineering, data science and product to shape data strategy and direction • Enable data consumers to efficiently answer critical questions and get to accurate insights with trusted and efficient and data sets • Evaluate, implement, and help maintain critical tools for analysis, including our A/B testing framework and BI tools • Work with the engineering team to identify and surface key data in a performant way • Empower teammates with the skills and tools to make data-driven decisions.
• Ability to understand and gather requirements from stakeholders to inform projects • Can work cross-functionally and help execute large scale projects across teams • Ability to write structured and efficient SQL queries. • Experience transforming raw production and external data into user-friendly tables. • Experience with data pipelines • Experience with evaluating new tools and implementing them • Experience monitoring and testing tables to ensure data integrity.
• Data is core to how ClassDojo makes decisions. As our first BI Data Engineer, you’ll help build a global consumer education business reaching tens of millions of parents, teachers, and children. Your charter is to promote a decision science culture at ClassDojo through a world-class data environment and effective tools. Through this, you’ll grow ClassDojo to our next major milestone: reach 100 million+ active families, and 100 million+ in revenue, while deepening our brand love. • You’ll help drive a decision science culture at ClassDojo and provide the tools to empower teams to find their own answers. You’ll shape and drive ClassDojo’s data roadmap, ultimately influencing decision-making across the entire company.
• ClassDojo’s ultimate goal is to create an education system that gives every child on Earth an education they love. We are doing this by bringing together communities of teachers, children and families, and then helping them get learning experiences their children love. Last school year, we served over 40 million children—with a team of just 45. • ClassDojo's mission is to bring communities together, and help them create an education experience their children love. Founded in 2011 (ImagineK12 / Y Combinator) and based in San Francisco, California, ClassDojo started as a communication app: a simple way for teachers, families, and children to share the magic of the school day through photos, videos, and messages. It creates a close-knit classroom community, and exciting, inspiring and creative classrooms and homes for kids. We’re one of the fastest growing education companies of all time, used and loved by tens of millions of teachers, families and children in 90% of K-8 schools in the US, and 180 other countries.
• Our team is made up of engineers, designers, and educators from around the world, with deep backgrounds in education, as well as from leading consumer internet organizations like Instagram, Netflix, Dropbox, Uber, Y Combinator and more. We’re building a company that will transform education, and one that is the kind of place we’ve all always wanted to work. We believe you’ll do the best work of your life here. • ClassDojo’s vision is to give every child on Earth an education they love. We strongly feel the best way to do this is to work with people from diverse backgrounds that truly reflect the world. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. In accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records. We are happy to accommodate any disabilities or special needs. We hire both locally in San Francisco, and distributed teammates around the world.
• In this role, you’ll work closely with the data science, product and engineering teams to help ensure that critical business questions can be efficiently answered with trusted and reliable data.
What are signals?
Signals are a way of compiling a list of people you’ll consider working with. Others can signal you as well.
By signaling a person or organization you notify them that you’ll consider working with them. Thus:
55% of jobs are filled via referrals 1 . With Signals, Torre makes it easy for you.