What language do you want to use Torre in?
• Data plays an important role in how we make decisions at Outschool. As our company grows, so does our need for rigorous, ongoing feedback from children, parents, and teachers. As a Senior UX Researcher at Outschool, you will help us stay connected to our community’s needs and experiences as we scale by conducting end-to-end research, from early exploratory initiatives to post-release validation. You’ll be joining our expanding research team at a fast-growing, mission-driven startup where your work will have the potential for major impact on the lives of teachers and families across the world. • As our team’s “parent expert,” you will develop a deep understanding of the needs, behaviors, and motivations of the parents and families who use Outschool, communicating and advocating for their needs across the company.
• Work cross-functionally with Design, Product, and other Outschool teams to identify and prioritize research needs • Proactively plan and execute user research throughout the strategy, design, and development lifecycle, working closely & collaboratively with product partners • Conduct end-to-end qualitative/quantitative studies with limited supervision • Identify the best research method(s) based on key questions, timeline, product lifecycle, and resourcing • Identify, implement and iterate on new research methodologies as our research operations continue to evolve • Contribute to the development of a data-informed understanding of Outschool’s users and potential users • Help the research team develop and optimize internal processes to maintain both rigor and speed as we scale
• You have a solid grasp of qualitative and quantitative methods and can apply the right methods to the right questions with confidence • You know when to move fast and when to advocate for more rigor in research • You’re a compelling storyteller who knows that a well-articulated story will inspire and influence • You can quickly distill complex ideas to their essence and socialize findings with ease • Your business acumen and product savviness enable you to prioritize and deliver research that will drive important decisions at the company • You’re a highly collaborative people-person who enjoys connecting with, and helping others, whether they’re users or teammates • You’re supremely detail-oriented and have rock-solid project management skills • You can drive projects forward and deliver results with minimal supervision • You thrive in a fast-paced, agile environment, and are excited to be an early member of the UX team, contributing to its evolution and success • You can interpret and work with quantitative data, know your way around a spreadsheet, can analyze/report on survey data, and have basic SQL skills • You have a passion for education and learning • Experience conducting research for a marketplace product • Experience in education, EdTech, or a parent-focused product or service • Experience conducting research with children age 3-18 • Experience with data analysis and/or product management
• 4+ years of experience in UX research, with an emphasis on product research/strategy • 1+ years working in startups
• Outschool's mission is to inspire kids to love learning. We believe the best way to do that is by linking learning to kids’ interests, connecting them with others who share those interests, and giving them the autonomy to pick their own path. We provide small group classes that meet over live video chat where learners are connected with teachers and classmates who share their interests. These classes are offered through our marketplace and conducted on our remote learning platform. • Our business is growing explosively and as of August, 800,000 learners have taken more than over 4M class hours. We've more than quadrupled our team since the beginning of 2020 from 25 to 100 to keep up with growth. We’ve raised $57M since founding with most of that still in the bank. Our sales have grown 2000% in the past year to reach a run-rate of more than $100M. • We're an experienced team with past accomplishments at Airbnb, Square, Apple, Uber, Udemy, Amazon, Wikipedia, Google, and many startups. We came together because we wanted to make a difference in education and saw the opportunity to empower learners, teachers, and parents. • Now, in the face of mass school closures, our product and expertise have become central to many more families, teachers and organizations than ever before. We're committed to access and impact so we founded outschool.org to offer financial assistance to families in need.
• Outschool is an equal opportunity employer. We view diversity as a moral imperative and a competitive advantage. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We plan and structure our interviews to directly assess skills and experience. • Outschool is committed to providing reasonable accommodations to disabled veterans and applicants with physical and mental disabilities.
• Must be a citizen or legal resident of the U.S. or Canada and reside in U.S. or Canada.
What are signals?
Signals are a way of compiling a list of people you’ll consider working with. Others can signal you as well.
By signaling a person or organization you notify them that you’ll consider working with them. Thus:
55% of jobs are filled via referrals 1 . With Signals, Torre makes it easy for you.