What language do you want to use Torre in?
The mission of the Business Operations and Strategy team is to help GoCardless make high-quality decisions and to translate these into action. We report into the COO. As a team, our work tends to be project-based and wide-ranging. Recent priorities have included designing and implementing a new go-to-market org structure, defining our 3-year strategy, and launching a new pricing model for our merchants (among many other projects). In each case, the team has owned the analysis and then worked closely with key stakeholders (CEO & Management) to form recommendations as well as to kick off and oversee the delivery cross-functionally.
• As a Strategy & Business Operations Manager, you will be a part of the Business Operations and Strategy team, working closely with the CEO, COO, and other members of the Exec team to drive some of GoCardless’ most critical decisions and deliver strategic initiatives in a fast and pragmatic way. • In this role you will lead our work in Operational Effectiveness, building and evolving the internal foundations we need to do our best work and to be efficient, as we continue to scale. This includes crucial topics to the organisation such as: • Decision making • Processes and systems to drive execution • Collaboration and communication across the organisation • Employee engagement • On a day-to-day basis, the activities can include: • Working with the Exec team and senior leaders across the business to define operating principles (e.g., on leadership) and processes for the organisation • Identifying initiatives to improve GC’s ability to execute, and overseeing coordination across functional teams, identifying and solving for challenges or dependencies along the way, and managing key stakeholders • Partnering with General Managers and functional leaders to evolve how we operate as a global business with geographically dispersed teams - without affecting the quality of our decisions, collaboration, and execution • Evolving the operating cadence of the business and improving communication and collaboration between the executive team and the organisation at large • Transforming our People team capabilities by engaging the Chief People Officer in defining and delivering the improvements needed and where needed driving the delivery yourself • Own the overall success of GoCardless’s operational effectiveness, by proactively identifying areas of opportunity, and defining how to engage our exec leaders on all the topics above
• Experience at a top-tier consulting firm, investment bank, or private equity firm • Experience delivering strategic or transformational programmes • Proven ability to manage multiple stakeholders across various geographies, including senior stakeholders • Outstanding track record of professional and academic achievement • Highly motivated self-starter • Structured thinker with ability to frame and solve unstructured problems • Strong verbal and written communication • Strong team player
• At GoCardless, we’re passionate about payments. Our vision is to provide businesses with the best way to collect recurring payments, wherever they and their customers are in the world. • Today, we help over 55,000 businesses take the pain out of getting paid, so they can focus on what they do best. And through our partnerships with over 200 software providers such as Xero, Zuora, Salesforce and Quickbooks, more and more businesses are benefiting from our unique global payments platform every day. We process $15bn of payments a year across more than 30 countries, powering recurring payments for businesses worldwide, from multinational corporations to small businesses. • We’re headquartered in the UK, and backed by some of the world’s leading investors including Google Ventures, Salesforce Ventures, Balderton Capital, Accel Partners and Notion Capital. Over 400 employees worldwide have decided to develop their careers with us. We’ve built a friendly, collaborative culture where we hire and develop people who share our desire to do work we can be proud of. We value learning and feedback, and support colleagues to develop in their role and more broadly in their career.
• Diversity is hugely important to us and we welcome applications from those with disabilities and from under-represented backgrounds. Throughout our hiring and onboarding process we make any reasonable adjustments necessary to create a level playing field and continually look at how we can improve in this area. We also have active ‘employee resource groups’ (such a BEAM and Rainbow) that are supported and sponsored by members of our Exec team; they work to engage and inspire our employees on diversity & inclusion topics throughout the year.
• The COVID-19 pandemic has seen everybody at GoCardless shift to remote working and this is something we’ll continue to do into 2021. We continually review this approach in conjunction with the changing restrictions in each of our locations; additionally we offer support to maintain wellbeing and comfort, including subsidised home office equipment, workstation assessments and a range of remote social activities you can dip in and out of whenever you fancy.
What are signals?
Signals are a way of compiling a list of people you’ll consider working with. Others can signal you as well.
By signaling a person or organization you notify them that you’ll consider working with them. Thus:
55% of jobs are filled via referrals 1 . With Signals, Torre makes it easy for you.