Interested in solving wicked problems to help transform health care? We’re looking for an insatiably curious, mission driven, and creative Principal Experience Design Researcher to deliver actionable insights about the diverse people, health care practices, and communities we serve and help grow our research practice and program.
In this role, you’ll creatively exercise a range of skills and methods -- spanning ethnography, iterative scenario based testing, participatory design, and behavioral/usage analytics etc. - to answer complex questions about how health-care practitioners in varied settings and communities work, make decisions, collaborate, engage with diverse patients, and interact with our products and services.
You’ll collaborate with Experience Design & Research team members and cross functional teams to deliver inclusive, compelling, easy to use products and services that provide actionable population health insights & clinical decision support, facilitate practice transformation & behavior change, and lead to measurable positive health care outcomes.
You’ll unpack the tacit dimension of what practitioners and their patients know and do, unearth and prioritize opportunities, iteratively test solution concepts and prototypes, create useful experience models and frameworks, deepen our understanding of how to accelerate behavior change, and help measure/evaluate the effectiveness, adoption & impact of our products and services. You’ll help define and establish a lean design research program that enables continuous learning and accelerates inclusive human centered innovation at Aledade.
• Lead the planning and execution of design research projects and programs to generate actionable insights that guide and inspire product/service design, practice innovation, and adoption acceleration
• Skillfully select, adapt, & apply quantitative & qualitative research methods and tools to inform product/service strategy, inform, evaluate & optimize product concepts and prototypes, measure the use and impact of our products and services, and identify and prioritize innovation opportunities
• Seamlessly integrate design research within an iterative, lean, agile product lifecycle to inform and inspire product/service strategy and detailed design/development
• Collaboratively leverage experience design research to inform cross-functional service and practice innovation initiatives (e.g., to address health disparities, complex health challenges, etc.)
• Synthesize and effectively communicate research based actionable insights and experience models to cross functional teams
• Help establish and grow an inclusive, continuous, iterative, and lean Experience Design Research program --optimized for our complex health care practice domain - to accelerate impactful innovation and grow our experience based knowledge base
• Help grow our design research practice by developing and applying an adaptable research playbook, and mentoring and coaching others
• Identify, synthesize, and apply relevant secondary research in related domains (e.g., cognitive psychology, clinical decision-making, behavior change, health informatics, etc).
• Advanced Degree (Masters, PhD) in psychology, social science, cognitive science, human computer interaction or a related field with a research emphasis.
• 10+ years’ experience successfully conducting quantitative and qualitative design research within agile product, service, and application development environments.
• 3+ years’ experience conducting design research and running research programs in health care product and service contexts (particularly in population health, clinical decision support, and direct patient care)
• Experience and skill applying design research to inform complex data-driven applications, workflow systems, and services
• Demonstrated advanced expertise in all facets and methods of design research (including, but not limited to, ethnography, surveying, usage and behavioral analytics, and scenario-based testing).
• Outstanding ability to glean and communicate actionable insights and connect the dots from design research insights to product/service strategy, design, and development
• An in-depth understanding of human-centered design and significant expertise in one or more relevant design craft skills (e.g., interaction design, content design, info design/data visualization)
• Outstanding coaching and mentorship skills.
• Outstanding communication, facilitation, and consulting skills.
If you are passionate about transforming the healthcare system into one that best serves the needs of patients, doctors, and society, we’d love for you to join us!
Who We Are:
Aledade is a leader in population health that is using innovative, value based solutions to transform the way physicians interact with their patients. We are on a mission to change healthcare for the better and solve complex problems within the healthcare system.
We follow the simple but radical idea that Aledade only succeeds when our partner practices succeed. From our cutting-edge technology platform to practice transformation services, we provide physicians with everything they need to create and run an accountable care organization (ACO), revamping the way they practice and getting them back to where they should be: quarterbacking their patients’ health care!
Our customized solutions help clinicians in communities across America preserve their autonomy, deliver better care to their patients, reduce overall costs, and keep independent physician practices flourishing.
What Does This Mean for You?
At Aledade, you will be part of a creative culture that is driven by a passion for tackling complex issues with respect, open-mindedness, and a desire to learn. You will work with team members that bring a wide range of experiences, interests, backgrounds, beliefs, and achievements to their work, united by a shared passion for public health and a commitment to the Aledade mission.
We’ve recently been recognized as a Top Workplace by The Washington Post, Best Workplace in HealthCare & Biopharma, Top 100 Best Small & Medium Workplaces, Glassdoor Best Places to Work, a Best and Brightest Companies to Work for in the Nation, a Tech Tribune 10 Best Tech Startups in Maryland and Bethesda, Best Tech for Good, Best Workplaces for Millennials, Best Workplaces for Women, Best Workplaces for Parents, and a 2020 Inno on Fire by DC Inno.
That’s because the things that matter to you also matter to us!
In addition to time off to support work-life balance and enjoyment, we offer the following comprehensive benefits package designed for the needs of our team-members:
Flexible work schedules and ability to work remotely available for many roles
Educational Assistant Program
Robust time off plan (21 days of PTO in your first year!)
Paid Volunteer Days
10 paid holidays
12 weeks paid Parental Leave for all new parents
6 weeks paid sabbatical
Health, dental and vision insurance paid up to 80% for employees, dependents, and domestic partners
401(k) with up to 4% match
Monthly cell phone stipend
Weekly catered lunches
Jeans everyday workplace
Gender neutral bathrooms
At Aledade, we don’t just accept differences, we celebrate them! We strive to attract, develop, and retain highly qualified individuals representing the diverse communities where we live and work. Aledade is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Employment policies and decisions at Aledade are based on merit, qualifications, performance, and business needs. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth or medical conditions related to pregnancy or childbirth), gender identity or expression, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, legally protected genetic information, marital status, veteran status, or sexual orientation.
What are signals?
Signals are a way of compiling a list of people you’ll consider working with. Others can signal you as well.
By signaling a person or organization you notify them that you’ll consider working with them. Thus:
55% of jobs are filled via referrals 1 . With Signals, Torre makes it easy for you.