What language do you want to use Torre in?
• At Couchbase, big things happen. Every day, we’re translating vision into reality by tackling new and exciting challenges head-on. This is a breakthrough stage in our company, where the enthusiasm of our employees and leadership team is infectious and growing. You’ll have the opportunity to learn new skills, grow your career, and work with the smartest, most passionate people in the industry. • The goal of a Solutions Architect is to solve the most complex problems for some of the biggest brands in the digital economy. You will work with customers like Ebay, Paypal, United Airlines, Intuit, as well as some of the newest database cloud technologies, to deploy solutions that benefit millions of users every day. • Solutions Architects are not your typical consultants. The successful Solutions Architect at Couchbase requires deep expertise in managing database technologies and operations as well as hands-on development and programming experience. You will be a great fit for the team if you foster teamwork, take your job seriously, are hardworking, and are ready to take your career to the next level. • Location: This is a remote USA role. Preference for candidates to be located in Phoenix, Dallas, Denver areas. #LI-RemoteUS
• Lead short / medium term engagements both remote and at the client location focusing on getting the product up and running, conducting architecture and use case reviews, analysis of application code, programming best practices, sizing & tuning Couchbase, and recommending deployment topologies. • Help our customers succeed by solving their challenging technical problems, all the way from design through to production operations. This means working hands-on with customer issues, and escalating problems as needed. • Assist with all phases of Couchbase implementations, starting with installation, architecture design and review, application development, deployment topology planning, tuning and providing best practices. • Contribute to internal technical projects, which can include software development, benchmarking, troubleshooting, documentation, and content creation. • Work closely with the sales team and presales team on technical escalations and help grow opportunities in existing accounts. • Assist with customer PoC/Pilots through effective management of acceptance criteria and issue escalation/resolution. • Work with all levels from executives and managers to architects and developers to explain key Couchbase Server concepts and technical recommendations. • Be the technical product expert for customers and stay up-to-date on the NoSQL competitive landscape. • Identify and write internal and external technical collateral, like typical deployment architectures or best practices. • Work with customers to ensure their public cloud infrastructure is properly configured for Couchbase.
• Familiarity with Couchbase, NoSQL databases, or other distributed high-performance systems • Hands-on working knowledge of AWS, Azure, GCP and Kubernetes • Strong background in Application design and development, Systems administration, Database administration, Data architecture and design, Performance tuning and benchmarking • Hands-on administration and troubleshooting experience with x86 operating systems (Linux, Windows, Mac OS), networking and storage architectures • Prior experience in a fast-paced startup environment • Minimum Qualifications: • Strong diagnostic/ troubleshooting process, with significant experience troubleshooting real, end-to-end technical issues • Excellent communication and presentation skills with an ability to present technical solutions concisely from small to large audiences • Demonstrated critical thinking and advanced troubleshooting skills and qualities • BS in Computer Science, Engineering or equivalent experience in software and/or a technologically relevant field • Ability to travel at least 25% of the time is required (after COVID is resolved)
• At least 10+ years experience in a technical field with 5+ years in consulting for enterprise back-end software, ideally database technologies • 3+ years hands-on development experience with Java/.NET/C/C++/Node.js • 3+ years experience with traditional RDBMS including schema modeling, performance tuning and configuration
• At Couchbase, big things happen. Every day, we’re translating vision into reality by tackling new and exciting challenges head-on. This is a breakthrough stage in our company, where the enthusiasm of our employees and leadership team is infectious and growing. You’ll have the opportunity to learn new skills, grow your career, and work with the smartest, most passionate people in the industry. • Couchbase's mission is to be the platform that accelerates application innovation. To make this possible, Couchbase created an enterprise-class, multi-cloud NoSQL database architected on top of an open-source foundation. Couchbase is the only database that combines the best of NoSQL with the power and familiarity of SQL, all in a single, elegant platform spanning from any cloud to the edge. • Couchbase has become pervasive in our everyday lives; our customers include industry leaders Amadeus, AT&T, BD (Becton, Dickinson, and Company), Carrefour, Comcast, Disney, DreamWorks Animation, eBay, Marriott, Neiman Marcus, Tesco, Tommy Hilfiger, United, Verizon, Wells Fargo, as well as hundreds of other household names. • Couchbase has offices around the globe, and we’re committed to a work environment where you can be happy and thrive, in and out of the office.
• Couchbase is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. Individuals seeking employment at Couchbase are considered without regards to age, ancestry, color, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, mental or physical disability, national origin, protected family care or medical leave status, race, religion (including beliefs and practices or the absence thereof), sexual orientation, military or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws.
• Whether you’re a new grad or a proven expert, you’ll have the opportunity to learn new skills, grow your career, and work with the smartest, most passionate people in the industry. • Revolutionizing an industry requires a top-notch team. Become a part of ours today. Bring your big ideas and we'll take on the next great challenge together.
What are signals?
Signals are a way of compiling a list of people you’ll consider working with. Others can signal you as well.
By signaling a person or organization you notify them that you’ll consider working with them. Thus:
55% of jobs are filled via referrals 1 . With Signals, Torre makes it easy for you.