What language do you want to use Torre in?
• In this position, you will play a key role in developing, and improving our robot's mission critical software, which directly impacts our customers. You will have the chance to see how different components in a robot interact, and how we constantly improve them to make data more reliable. • Write software to improve robustness of our existing systems, as well as integrate it with our existing software platform. • Proactively detect bottlenecks and issues with the existing setup, and improve architecture to make our systems more reliable, and user friendly. • Ensure implementation is carefully thought through, keeping in mind readability, compute, scalability, maintainability, testing and other best practice considerations. • Build and integrate new automation services to improve visibility of robot performance, as well as adding it to our centralized alerting system so we can ensure constant availability to our customers.
• Excellent coding skills in C++, Python and Bash. • Decent understanding of various messaging communication models like Kafka, RabbitMQ, Celery, etc. • Understanding of http API requests, and source control systems like Git. • General understanding of writing tests and testable code. • Strong written & verbal communication skills. • Experience working with Linux systems. • Proficiency in data structures and algorithms. • BONUS POINTS: • Experience in a startup environment • Recently graduated with an undergraduate degree or graduate degree - with a potential to convert into a full-time position
• Currently pursuing a degree in computer science, robotics, or related fields.
• Knightscope’s long-term ambition is to make the United States of America the safest country in the world, changing everything for everyone. Our vision is to develop a technology stack to predict and prevent crime utilizing autonomous robots, analytics and engagement utilizing a "Hardware + Software + Humans" approach. Our solution includes providing an autonomous physical presence, gathering data from the environment in real-time, and pushing anomalies to our user interface, the Knightscope Security Operations Center (KSOC), providing our clients across the U.S. a 24/7 force multiplier effect.
• All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex or national origin.
• As a part of the autonomous data machine's team, you will have the opportunity to understand our robot's design, and develop software to extend and improve its capabilities. You will work closely with our software, product design, and platform teams on developing essential components for the robot.
• Remote Work-from-Home (in the U.S.) Flexibility Available
What are signals?
Signals are a way of compiling a list of people you’ll consider working with. Others can signal you as well.
By signaling a person or organization you notify them that you’ll consider working with them. Thus:
55% of jobs are filled via referrals 1 . With Signals, Torre makes it easy for you.