• Our team is in search of a Senior Database Reliability Engineer for our Database Reliability Engineering team to help us change the way digital products are designed. • Our Cloud Infrastructure teams are responsible for infrastructure, operations, automation, and engineering tooling for our AWS and Kubernetes-based compute, data, and eventing infrastructure supporting all InVision Engineering teams. We are enablers and force multipliers. We build products that help our engineering customers better own and operate their own services. We constantly work to understand the business goals ahead of our engineering teams, lay the groundwork before they arrive, and enable them to painlessly ship awesome, reliable, performant, efficient, and secure products as quickly as possible. • We are seeking a hands-on Senior Database Reliability Engineer to support the technical direction for the Database Reliability Engineering (DBRE) team. This role delivers data technology to meet business, customer, and engineering needs. By providing reliable systems and tooling, you’ll ensure we are meeting the needs of InVision’s product direction.
• Drive standardization and automation of common database processes to reduce toil • Deliver against project deadlines and and set expectations along the way • Identify areas for improvement both within the technical solutions and within business processes • Optimize performance of new and existing database instances leveraging data and telemetry • Partner with development teams when choosing database technologies and other major database changes, such as upgrades • Create documentation for self-service capabilities, and other reference material • Fulfill security and compliance requirements • Participate in the curation of a culture of innovation where ideas are generated and executed
• Hands on experience building, scaling, and supporting database technologies (SQL, noSQL, event streaming, caches, etc) • Experience with distributed systems, microservices architectures, infrastructure tooling and automation, software development best practices, observability, and reliability engineering • Excellent verbal and written communication skills • Self-direction and the ability to see and understand a large number of challenges, prioritizing them into a set of incrementally achievable goals • Bias towards action, absolute willingness to own the problem and drive towards a speedy solution; you won’t stop until the problem is solved with an effective solution • Leadership through influence, quickly building and keeping respect • Ability to thrive in a variable and demanding environment
• InVision is the digital product design platform used to make the world’s best customer experiences. We provide design tools and educational resources for teams to navigate every stage of the product design process, from ideation to development. Today, more than 5 million people use InVision to create a repeatable and streamlined design workflow; rapidly design and prototype products before writing code, and collaborate across their entire organization. That includes 100% of the Fortune 100, and organizations like Airbnb, Amazon, HBO, Netflix, Slack, Starbucks and Uber, who are now able to design better products, faster.
• InVision offers an incredibly unique work environment. The company employs a diverse team all over the world. Each InVision team member is given the freedom and tools to do their best work from wherever they choose. • InVision is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.
What are signals?
Signals are a way of compiling a list of people you’ll consider working with. Others can signal you as well.
By signaling a person or organization you notify them that you’ll consider working with them. Thus:
55% of jobs are filled via referrals 1 . With Signals, Torre makes it easy for you.