What language do you want to use Torre in?
• Come join Mozilla's Design & People Experiences team! • If your passion is helping people, problem-solving, working in an environment that allows you to stretch your skills providing users solutions, while supporting a mission that is driven to ensure the Internet is a global public resource open and accessible, then this is the right position for you! • You will take part in new product design programs and contribute to usability improvements for current products, collaborating with teams of researchers, designers, and engineers and working in a dynamic, fast-paced environment
• Define and measure both qualitative and quantitative UX goals and metrics in collaboration with Designers, Qualitative Researchers, Data Scientists, Engineers and Program Managers • Knowledge of diverse qualitative research methods, such as contextual inquiry, observational studies, qualitative interviews • Ability to be an active participant in brainstorming and other collaborative endeavors • Knowledge of survey sampling principles, weighting, question writing, segmentation, and end-to-end survey research design and analysis • Scope, plan, write and analyze diverse research projects, including surveys, user testing, analytics, A/B testing to extract meaningful insights • Develop models and metrics to understand user experience and product success • Examine existing data and product designs to generate hypotheses and plans for high-impact research • Communicate findings to stakeholders and promote education by making research findings convincing and actionable for both research experts and non-experts.
• Experience with User Experience, Human-Computer Interaction, applied research, and/or product research and development is not a must have yet highly valued • Demonstrated capability to plan, design, and conduct research and assessments with users • Experienced delivery of data-based insights to business stakeholders and interdisciplinary teams including engineering, product management, Product design and cross-organizational UX teams. • Extras (not required yet a plus): • Experience with research on augmented/virtual reality. security/privacy products and content curation/delivery • Experience with machine learning or AI systems • Experience in an open-source environment • Experience working on a remote and distributed team.
• UX Researchers partner with Designers, Product Managers, Engineers, and UX Researchers across the organization to improve the user experience and drive product excellence. UX Researchers do this by leveraging both qualitative as well as empirical research methods from computer science, social science, statistics, data science, and other fields to understand user behavior and extract meaningful patterns from diverse data sets. • In this role, you’ll combine skills in observational studies, contextual inquiry, experimental design, statistical analysis and human-computer interaction to improve user experience. As a key member of a product team, you’ll work with stakeholders across functions and levels. You’ll solve challenging problems and empower the team to move forward by developing qualitative and quantitative metrics, measuring results, and integrating new methodologies into existing systems. Through findings reports and team engagement, you provide a UX perspective on user data to help stakeholders understand their users. You’ll also identify and quantify problems, and embark on new research areas worth exploring through innovative methods. • User experience is at the forefront of how we create intuitive, innovative, and trustworthy products that people trust. We strive to learn and understand our users’ needs, behaviors, and emotions to gather insights that inform product strategy and design.
• Mozilla exists to build the Internet as a public resource accessible to all because we believe that open and free is better than closed and controlled. When you work at Mozilla, you give yourself a chance to make a difference in the lives of Web users everywhere. And you give us a chance to make a difference in your life every single day. Join us to work on the Web as the platform and help create more opportunity and innovation for everyone online.
• Our Design & People Experiences teams include designers, researchers, strategists, and engineers who are passionate about quality, usability, inclusiveness and security. We work on collaborative teams to solve complex challenges. • We are an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race (including hairstyle and texture), religion (including religious grooming and dress practices), gender, gender identity, gender expression, color, national origin, pregnancy, ancestry, domestic partner status, disability, sexual orientation, age, genetic predisposition, medical condition, marital status, citizenship status, military or veteran status, or any other basis covered by applicable laws. Mozilla will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics or any other unlawful behavior, conduct, or purpose.
• Location Details: Mozilla’s North American office locations include San Francisco, CA, Portland, OR, and Toronto, Canada. We are also open to you working from your home office anywhere in the US or Canada for this position.
What are signals?
Signals are a way of compiling a list of people you’ll consider working with. Others can signal you as well.
By signaling a person or organization you notify them that you’ll consider working with them. Thus:
55% of jobs are filled via referrals 1 . With Signals, Torre makes it easy for you.