• About the Finance Team • Thumbtack’s Finance team is a tight-knit team responsible for stewardship of Thumbtack’s long-term financial strategy, value creation and results. Our team’s mission is to deliver timely, complete and accurate financial information that can be relied on to help drive impactful business decisions. Our business partners rely on our insight and trust to help them solve difficult problems. • The team owns Thumbtack’s financial strategy, accounting, planning, and capital raising processes. In addition, the Finance team provides critical financial reporting and insights to the organization, leadership team, Board, and investors. • We are seeking a passionate and highly motivated individual to be a leader in Thumbtack’s Strategic Finance function. Working in partnership with cross-functional partners and stakeholders, this role will be responsible for Thumbtack’s corporate development and long-term strategic planning functions. The role will involve strategy, research, analysis, and execution of M&A, fundraising, and partnership transactions; leading development of the company’s 3-year plan and long-term model; IPO preparation and execution; and special strategic projects as they arise. • This individual will have strong technical skills, transaction execution experience and a proven ability to analyze complex problems. This role will report directly to the VP of Analytics and Strategic Finance.
• Deeply understand the broader context of Thumbtack’s strategy, financials and competitive landscape in order to connect the dots between company priorities and outside opportunities • Develop and continually update strategic themes and sectors of interest for mergers & acquisitions, investments, and partnerships; identify public and privately held targets; present and advocate for opportunities with sound theses, rationale, and analytics • Manage and execute acquisitions and investments, including deal sourcing, due diligence, transaction, and integration • Lead fundraising activities, including IPO preparation and execution • Develop and maintain a perspective on Thumbtack’s valuation • Build investor-facing materials, including investor presentations, models, and data • Lead development of 3-year strategic plan; build and own long-term financial model • Establish credibility with Thumbtack’s senior leadership as a trusted advisor on material decisions • Build strong, collaborative relationships with leaders across the Company, including senior executives in product, operations, finance, marketing, and people • Hire and lead a team of talented strategic finance professionals and develop their skills and careers
• If you don't think you meet all of the criteria below but still are interested in the job, please apply. Nobody checks every box, and we're looking for someone excited to join the team. • Experience and proven track record at a top-tier investment bank, private equity firm, and/or corporate development organization; technology experience preferred • Highly motivated, high impact, self-starter with a minimum 8 years of relevant professional experience with increasing levels of responsibility • Experience executing M&A, partnerships or private equity transactions, strategic analysis of companies’ markets, competitive landscapes, and competitive positioning • Superior financial modeling and analysis skills with strong attention to detail • Proven ability to build business cases supported with quantitative and qualitative analysis • Ability to establish credibility and communicate effectively with executives and investors • Highest ethical standards, excellent judgment, and personal/professional integrity; discretion in handling confidential information • Nice-to-Have Qualifications: • MBA preferred • Excellent written, verbal and presentation skills for executive audiences • Experience working with technology, software, and/or marketplace businesses
• Have you ever tried to hire a plumber? How about a house cleaner? If you have, chances are it took you way longer than it should. In the era of instant-everything, you shouldn’t have to waste an entire afternoon researching, calling and vetting local service professionals whenever you need one. The market for hiring them is huge — $1 trillion in the US alone — but the process is inefficient and largely offline. • Thumbtack is transforming this experience end-to-end, building a marketplace that matches millions of people with local pros for almost any project. In making these connections, not only do our customers get more done every day, our pros are able to grow their businesses and make a living doing what they’re great at. • These customers and pros come from all walks of life and every county in the country. We want our team to reflect that. If you come from an underrepresented background in tech, we strongly encourage you to apply. We challenge ourselves every day to make this a place where you can thrive just the way you are, so we can build a product that does the same for our customers and pros. • Thumbtack is a local services marketplace – one of the largest in the U.S. – that helps millions of people hire local professionals. With hundreds of unique service categories, customers can find a Thumbtack pro for almost anything: landscapers, DJs, personal trainers, even piano teachers. And in making these connections, we empower local pros too. Helping them get new customers and make a living doing what they’re great at. • Founded in 2008 and headquartered in San Francisco, Thumbtack is backed by over $400 million in investment from Sequoia Capital, CapitalG, Tiger Global Management, Javelin Investment Partners and Baillie Gifford.
• Thumbtack embraces diversity. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and do not discriminate on the basis of sex, race, color, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, citizenship, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
What are signals?
Signals are a way of compiling a list of people you’ll consider working with. Others can signal you as well.
By signaling a person or organization you notify them that you’ll consider working with them. Thus:
55% of jobs are filled via referrals 1 . With Signals, Torre makes it easy for you.