Koombea is looking for a project manager to join our operations team in Colombia or as a remote worker. Koombea project managers are fluent in english, know how to handle customers and teams by setting the right expectations, are motivational leaders that employ different techniques to ensure the project is successful, and collaborate to continuously understand and improve the processes and tools that are truly meaningful for the success of the business.
• Develop a project plan to track progress. • Oversee the performance of the team. • Ensure that the team is focused on the right tasks by coordinating the team’s tasks, understanding that some teams may demand more micro-management than others. • Talk to customers to groom the project backlog, manage the project scope, maintain a project plan and prevent scope creep. • Measure project health and performance using tools and techniques such as velocity, burndown charts, reports, retrospectives, and one on one conversations with both teams and customers. • Create and maintain accurate project documentation to represent the status and progress of the project to the team, higher-level management, and customers. • Report project status to stakeholders frequently and in a timely manner. • Mitigate risks by measuring progress versus planned, reading people, and being empathic with everyone concerned with the project.
• Experience working in agile environments. • Participating in software development projects as a project manager or developer for information technology industries. • Advanced english level, C1 level is mandatory. • Team leadership. • Calendar management. • Management. • Tasks planning. • Excellent written and verbal communication skills (english and spanish). • Solid organizational skills including attention to detail. • Critical thinking and problem-solving. • Negotiation. • Conflict resolution.
• App development for startups: Our team understands the challenges faced by early-stage companies. We’ve built top-ranking apps for a variety of start-ups. We take a unique approach by fusing traditional and new methods to develop quality apps. • Enterprise app development: We know how enterprise apps differ from off-the-shelf software. We've customized and launched unique web and mobile solutions that meet enterprise-level needs. Our portfolio demonstrates our high-quality standards regardless of the product. • Product planning & strategy: We offer full-service product development and strategy team. We dive deep to identify market opportunities, create a long-term mobile strategy, and develop product roadmaps that drive ROI for our clients, which sets us apart from other mobile app development companies. • Rescue projects: We specialize in rescuing projects on verge of failure - mobile or web! Combining our qualified expertise with a documented process; we quickly address underlying development problems, bottlenecks, and performance & usability issues.
• Koombea is a software development company that provides businesses worldwide with custom technology solutions. We help clients through all or parts of the software development lifecycle. (SDLC). • Koombea was founded in 2007. • We are headquartered in Miami with offices in New York, San Francisco, Chicago and Barranquilla, Colombia. • 1000's of Apps - We have built thousands of apps. Some of them have been acquired by Google, Motorola Solutions, Demandforce, Facebook, Skype, and other companies. • We employ over 200 engineers, designers, product managers, and technologists. All available resources have been with us a minimum of 3 years, have a 4-year degree, are ranked senior, and are certified, scrum masters. • Koombea is CMMIDEV/3 certified. We are agile.
• Passion: For us, for this team, our core motivation is not the carrots we get, nor the sticks that we fear. It’s about the passion that is within us. It’s a passion that keeps us up late learning. Passion impels us to evolve to provide service offerings our clients may not even know they need. It’s a passion that holds our standards high. • Innovate persistently: Be it technology, people, partners, or customers- we believe in building connections and relationships across boundaries. We focus on people rather than trade them for short-term monetary gains from development. Over 85% of our business comes from repeat customers or direct client referrals. This is why we have one of the highest numbers of multimillion-dollar valuations in the industry. • Respect & discipline: Agile allows us to find problems faster, and as a result, they are fixed earlier. By the end of the project, each problem has been fixed and tested under many levels of scrutiny. Agile allows us to produce flawless code.
Our team frequently shares thoughts, perspectives, and insights about the future of mobile. We also report on the latest trends, research, and more on our Resources hub, which is filled with valuable content for technologists and executives interested in mobile tech.
What are signals?
Signals are a way of compiling a list of people you’ll consider working with. Others can signal you as well.
By signaling a person or organization you notify them that you’ll consider working with them. Thus:
55% of jobs are filled via referrals 1 . With Signals, Torre makes it easy for you.