What language do you want to use Torre in?
• ScienceLogic is looking for an ambitious Software Engineer with C/C++, Python, and Linux Admin experience who is passionate about improving existing products and code. The candidate must possess a strong understanding of software engineering processes and methodologies such as object-oriented design, concurrent programming and design patterns. Ideal candidates will enjoy diving into code repositories, reading code, learning how existing software is designed and operates, and can make changes to fix defects and improve functionality without breaking other features.
• Managing today’s hybrid cloud IT infrastructure can be complex and chaotic. As a Software Engineer with ScienceLogic, you will play an integral role in developing the solution by creating clarity and visibility for infrastructure for some of the largest companies and service providers in the world. • Contribute to maintaining highly scalable Python processes for the purpose of data collection, manipulation, data pruning, trending and analytics, etc. • Working with Open Source projects to make fixes needed by our product and contributing those fixes back to the open source community • Contribute to the review and maintenance of product backlog, as well as assisting in the implementation of features while adhering to sound Engineering principles. • Take an active role in understanding and prioritizing technical debt. • Contribute to the review and correction of defects. • Work in a collaborative and agile environment that is geared towards a Continuous Delivery mechanism, exhibiting strong time management and communication skills; as well as flexibility/agility to changing environments. • Actively contribute in Scrum reviews, standups, retrospectives and backlog grooming.
• You’re a self-starter, a problem solver, love to code, have excellent time-management skills and are open and collaborative. • We need someone capable of maintaining open source C/C++ projects • Able to read existing code to extract its design and intent, and can make bug fixes to it • Proficiency with Python and the ability to deliver high quality, production ready code. • Working knowledge of developing multi-threaded or multi-process software. • Working knowledge of software development lifecycle, from product backlog through delivery. • Experience in the area of network or systems management is a major plus. • Prior experience in an Agile environment with an emphasis on Continuous Delivery/Continuous Integration. • A working knowledge of current build tools, and advanced bash scripting is highly preferred. • You are passionate about delivering high quality, production ready code and believe that teams, not individuals are responsible for software quality.
• BS in CS or equivalent technical discipline or equivalent experience where you learn basic software engineering concepts – functional programming, OO design, threading, multi-processing, design patterns, etc. • 7+ years’ experience in Software Engineering or a related field. • 5+ years using MySQL/NoSQL and have the ability to evaluate and write efficient queries. • 5+ years using Linux with the ability to navigate, write scripts and work with packages.
• ScienceLogic is a leader in IT Operations Management, providing modern IT operations with actionable insights to resolve and predict problems faster in a digital, ephemeral world. Its solution sees everything across cloud and distributed architectures, contextualizes data through relationship mapping, and acts on this insight through integration and automation.
• The Software Engineering team is composed of small groups of highly intelligent and innovative software development and quality assurance engineers who enjoy collaborating on technically challenging projects. Each team member is as unique as the projects we work on, but one thing remains the same – our commitment and passion to delivering cutting edge technology solutions for hybrid cloud network monitoring.
What are signals?
Signals are a way of compiling a list of people you’ll consider working with. Others can signal you as well.
By signaling a person or organization you notify them that you’ll consider working with them. Thus:
55% of jobs are filled via referrals 1 . With Signals, Torre makes it easy for you.