What language do you want to use Torre in?
• About our Career Accelerator Program (CAP): The Career Accelerator Program at PagerDuty offers an opportunity for participants, to learn and build meaningful skills at PagerDuty. Whether you’re enrolled in a post-secondary institution, completed a coding bootcamp, or returning to work after a gap in employment, CAP can provide up to 16 weeks of hands-on experience in a high growth tech company. Through a variety of networking, learning, and mentoring opportunities, our CAP program fast tracks participants for an exceptional career and can serve as a gateway to permanent employment at PD. • CAP has three cohorts each year beginning in January (Winter), May (Summer) and September (Fall) and participants are paid competitively in their respective industries.
• You’re passionate about building software and looking for a place to put your skills to use and work with a fantastic team • You will build and ship new customer-facing features (A number of participants deployed features during their time at PagerDuty!) • You’ll collaborate with product and UX to deliver the highest quality web experience • You’ll be participating in code reviews for your fellow team members
• You are excited to take on the difficult challenges of building highly available distributed systems and the responsibilities that come with developing mission critical software. • You are confidently self-driven • You have an insatiable desire to learn • You are empathetic - you can clearly communicate your thoughts and opinions to others • You are passionate about high quality, maintainable and testable code • You have a solid grasp of computer science fundamentals • You want to build reliable and highly scalable systems • Good understanding of CS fundamentals, eg. data structures and algorithms • Knowledge and understanding of at least one programming language, eg. Java, Python, C
• Together we’re building a company that will endure and products people will love for generations to come. • We believe that people do their best in a culture that fosters inclusion, innovation, and success. Our values - Champion the Customer, Take the Lead, Run Together, Ack + Own and Bring Yourself - serve as the foundation of our collaborative and dynamic culture. • Whether it’s conducting a retrospective, participating in our bi-annual hack weeks, cranking out a new product feature, supporting our two PagerDuty bands, or doing our day to day work, Dutonians live and breathe these five values every day. Together, we solve real customer issues and fulfill our mission of connecting teams to real-time opportunities and elevate work to the outcomes that matter. • We’re building an inclusive workplace that represents the real, everyday people we support around the world. From how we build our teams to who sits in the boardroom, we hope you can see yourself at PagerDuty.
• PagerDuty is committed to creating a diverse environment and is an equal opportunity employer. PagerDuty does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, parental status, veteran status, or disability status. • PagerDuty is for people. Meaning, we extend opportunities to a broad array of candidates, including those with diverse workplace experiences and backgrounds. Whether you're new to the corporate world, returning to work after a gap in employment, or simply looking to transition or take the next step in your career path, we are excited to connect with you. • Opportunities to get involved in PagerDuty's Employee Resource Groups (ERGs) and other diversity initiatives. ERGs are self-organized, employee-run communities focused on advancing a sense of belonging and inclusion for all - members, advocates, and allies.
• This is a remote, 4 month role for the Summer 2021 term that begins on May 3, 2021 and ends on August 27, 2021. Successful candidates will be working from home during the duration of the term. • Our stewardship of the data of many thousands of customers means that a background check is required to join PagerDuty. We will, nonetheless, consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records in a manner consistent with local requirements. • PagerDuty uses the E-Verify employment verification program.
What are signals?
Signals are a way of compiling a list of people you’ll consider working with. Others can signal you as well.
By signaling a person or organization you notify them that you’ll consider working with them. Thus:
55% of jobs are filled via referrals 1 . With Signals, Torre makes it easy for you.