What language do you want to use Torre in?
Are you passionate about learning new technologies and understanding how they work? Are you interested in an opportunity to work with an upbeat team to help drive its products to a new level? We are looking for a seasoned and creative Performance Engineer to help us focus on the scalability and performance of our products and create meaningful benchmarks that address customer use cases. At Veeva, each software release is highly scrutinized to meet the demands of our customers. As a Senior Performance Engineer, you'll have a key role in our product’s success. You will work with developers to test and optimize Veeva’s CDMS software prior to its release and monitor and troubleshoot performance issues in production. You will work with product management to get direct exposure to the usage patterns we strive to satisfy. This is a technical and hands-on role for someone who is adept at gathering and analyzing performance data and finding the root cause of performance bottlenecks.
• Define, develop and achieve performance/scalability benchmarks for Veeva Applications • Efficiently work with various profiling tools such as Yourkit to identify performance and concurrency bottlenecks • Collaborate with members of the Engineering team to solve performance problems • Monitor production performance and investigate issues • Develop tools to automate performance monitoring
• Proficiency with Java, MySQL, and scripting tools such as Python and Shell scripting • Extensive hands-on experience with performance engineering, including the use of JMeter, LoadRunner or similar tools, as well as profiling tools • Ability to find the root cause of performance bottlenecks with profiling tools • Expert in distributed computing systems and stack • Comfortable with Linux, Docker, AWS, GIT, Artifactory in terms of both tools and systems administration
• 6+ years of experience in Performance Engineering and Benchmarking
• Veeva builds enterprise cloud technology that powers the biggest names in the pharmaceutical, biotech, consumer goods, chemical & cosmetics industries. Our customers make vaccines, life-saving medicines, and life-enhancing products that make a difference in everyday lives. Our technology has transformed these industries; enabling them to get critical products and services to market faster.
• Our core values, Do the Right Thing, Customer Success, Employee Success, and Speed, guide us as we make our customers more efficient and effective in everything they do.
• Veeva’s headquarters is located in the San Francisco Bay Area with offices in more than 15 countries around the world.
• Flexible PTO • Allocations for continuous learning & development • Annual budget to donate to the non-profit of your choice
What are signals?
Signals are a way of compiling a list of people you’ll consider working with. Others can signal you as well.
By signaling a person or organization you notify them that you’ll consider working with them. Thus:
55% of jobs are filled via referrals 1 . With Signals, Torre makes it easy for you.