What language do you want to use Torre in?
Are you a passionate Network Administrator/Architect or Platform Engineer looking for a new challenge? Do you have laser focus to provide the best products and services that will ensure an awesome customer experience? Are you naturally curious and a team player? If so, we have the perfect opportunity for you! We are looking for an experienced individual ready to join the rest of the Networking, Infrastructure, and Systems Teams to continually improve upon our existing infrastructure and to keep us at peak performance and reliability. This position will also diagnose and fix complex hardware, software, and network issues as well as take point on both implementation and R&D projects. This role is open for applicants that can work within any of the four US time zones. This position is 100% remote and you can work anywhere in the world. Employment Type: Full-time, Exempt, 100% Remote eligible
• Collaborate with a great team of helpful and like-minded people designing and implementing network architecture to improve existing infrastructure or build out new locations from the ground up. • Learn new things and help determine the business value for new technologies and products. • Maintain and improve service quality and reliability across our complex set of services. • Share your knowledge and experience with both high- and low-level folks to increase the strength and collaboration of our teams. • Troubleshoot production issues and coordinate with the Infrastructure, Systems, and Support teams. • Help the team establish and refine policies and processes to provide top-notch services and help Support provide top-notch support. • Standardize, optimize, and automate our infrastructure for maximum performance and stability. • Document configuration standards, troubleshooting steps, and platform designs. • Participate in an on-call rotation.
• Experience designing and implementing datacenter networks, local and wide area, including everything from network hardware selection, to setting up multiple locations, designing VLAN schemes, and configuring GRE tunnels. • Ideally, deep experience with Cisco IOS administration and implementation. We're heavy on Cisco but also have Juniper, Ubiquiti, Corero, and Fortinet so concepts are far more important than brand specialization. • Considerable depth in any particular area mentioned above. • Comfort with helping the group plan, design, and implement large-scale internal applications to scratch our own itches, such as automated provisioning systems or datacenter/inventory management or some kind of web frontend to abstract network configuration. • A strong passion for automation and doing things right, or failing right, at least robust! • Knowledge of the value in good, clear procedural and reference documentation and the ability to produce it. • Preferably, a familiarity with configuration management systems for ensuring networking gear consistency and managing changes. • The ability to work productively on your own or in a team. • Excellent verbal and written English communication skills. • A positive attitude and eagerness to share!
• 5+ years of Linux system-level network administration and troubleshooting.
• A2 Hosting, Inc. is a premier high performance hosting company with clients around the world. We are currently seeking an experienced Systems Engineer specializing or otherwise experienced in Linux-based infrastructure who can help us further develop our platforms and products as we continue to grow!
• At A2 Hosting, our Core Values guide the work that we do. You might fit in well at A2 if these values describe you: • Passionate - We take pride in what we do • Collaborative - We think about the team first • Customer Focused - We are empathetic and respectful • Curious - We desire to learn and do better • Agile - We are able to move quickly and easily
Location: Ann Arbor, MI / Remote
What are signals?
Signals are a way of compiling a list of people you’ll consider working with. Others can signal you as well.
By signaling a person or organization you notify them that you’ll consider working with them. Thus:
55% of jobs are filled via referrals 1 . With Signals, Torre makes it easy for you.