What language do you want to use Torre in?
• We’re looking for a talented, creative, and collaborative data scientist to support decision-making for our product and business teams -- leveraging the rich data captured as tens of millions of learners and thousands of instructors engage on the platform to deliver innovative, data-driven insights on how to create experiences that will better meet the needs and expectations of learners. Our ideal candidate has excellent analysis and statistical modeling skills, strong written and verbal communication, and an interest in expanding the reach and quality of online education.
• Evaluate the success of key product and business initiatives (e.g. develop a plan to measure the success of personalized email flows, ) • Estimate the potential impact of proposed projects in order to inform other teams’ prioritization decisions • Develop our understanding of Coursera’s products, business, and learners by analyzing learner behavior to uncover patterns and identify opportunities for improvement • Work closely with data engineering and operations teams to ensure that new projects and products are launched with clear instrumentation to support experimentation and measurement plans • Partner with other data scientists to develop measurement plans for new data product launches and to share context from different areas of the business and build a more complete and consistent understanding of what data tells us about our learners
• Background in applied math, computer science, statistics, or a related technical field • 2+ years of experience using data to advise product and/or business stakeholders • Experience with at least one scripting language (e.g. Python) • Experience with at least one statistical software package (e.g. R, NumPy/SciPy/Pandas) • Experience with relational databases and SQL • Experience with causal inference techniques (e.g. regression modeling and A/B testing)
• 4+ years of experience using data to advise product and/or business stakeholders • Experience with marketing analytics, including hypothesis testing, attribution modeling, and/or measuring incremental impact of channel marketing • Excellent business intuition, cross-functional communication, and project management • Strong applied statistics and data visualization skills
• At Coursera, our Data Science team is helping to build the future of education through data-driven decision-making and data-powered products. We drive product and business strategy through measurement, experimentation, and causal inference. We define, develop, and launch the models and algorithms that power content discovery, personalized learning, and machine-assisted teaching and grading. We believe the next generation of teaching and learning should be personalized, accessible, and efficient. With our scale, data, technology, and talent, Coursera and its Data Science team are positioned to make that vision a reality.
• Coursera is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and considers all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, marital status, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, or any other legally protected class.
What are signals?
Signals are a way of compiling a list of people you’ll consider working with. Others can signal you as well.
By signaling a person or organization you notify them that you’ll consider working with them. Thus:
55% of jobs are filled via referrals 1 . With Signals, Torre makes it easy for you.