What language do you want to use Torre in?
At Torre (http://torre.co), we're building THE platform and network to power the future of recruitment and we believe making full use of advanced AI is the best way to do so. It's an ambitious effort (view our deck https://torre.docsend.com/view/c6pecie). We've made significant progress and we're gaining solid traction (you're experiencing it right now!). To get there, we need to build an amazing product. To both accelerate and deal with our growth, we're looking for former tech entrepreneurs for the Senior Software Engineer role. Compensation depends on the candidate's technical and entrepreneurial experience (therefore, the wide range we offer). All roles get stock options. We hire entrepreneurs because they have an innate inclination to do whatever it takes to succeed. Entrepreneurs have a passion for taking calculated risks. In fact, most senior members of our team are former entrepreneurs. If you recently left the company you founded, but you still like being entrepreneurial, working alongside some of the best practitioners in their field, rising to meet significant challenges, paying great attention to detail, and leading others to their full potential, this opportunity is for you.
• Developing awesome, high-quality web-apps: scalable, fast-response, cross-browser, and cross-device. • Continually suggesting and implementing improvements to our existing code base. • Suggesting integrations with existing tools to accelerate development cycles. • Committing to following the standards and rules proposed and agreed on by the team. • Communicating proactively.
• You should be able to learn on the fly. • Be curious, innovative, fast-moving, and passionate about discovery.
• Being comfortable with addressing frequent product changes triggered - primarily - by a strict user-driven design methodology. • Working alongside a team of inquisitive overachievers. • Understanding limitations in our technology and working around them. • Persisting and persevering. • Frequently coming across unknowns. • Managing constant change and sudden growth. • Working in a demanding environment. • Giving and receiving candid feedback without either making it personal or taking it personally.
• Your tour of duty is expected to last from two to four years. What you learn during your tour of duty may lead you to become: • A tech lead at Torre or somewhere else. • A senior leader at Torre or somewhere else. • Founder of your own company (once again!).
At Torre, our goal is to make work fulfilling for everyone. To accomplish this, we need movers and shakers who have the fierce determination to pursue big, hairy, audacious goals. Combined, our leadership team has 40+ years of startup experience, ranging from multi-million dollar exits to million-dollar fundraising rounds. You can learn more about us at https://www.torre.co/about-torre and meet the team at https://www.torre.co/team-torre. • Torre has received investment from over 22 angel investors, including Diego Piacentini (former SVP at Amazon and Apple) and Michael Shoemaker (former head of LatAm for Uber).
• Our mission is to make work fulfilling. • Our motto is always to deliver memorable experiences. • We are entrepreneurial. • We make bold bets. • We feel encouraged to make mistakes we can learn from. • We strategize smartly and work hard. Very hard. • We like data. • We value people, inquisitiveness, candor, and courage. • We aim for work/life integration. • We pursue diversity. That's why we encourage people from underrepresented groups to apply. Here you can learn what the expectations of you as our colleague and co-worker will be: https://medium.com/@torrenegra/my-expectations-as-your-coworker-bb1881923164.
• You will report to the tech lead. • You will work alongside software engineers, product professionals, marketing professionals, and operation coordinators of other areas. • Of course, as we learn, experiment, and grow, our team structures may change.
What are signals?
Signals are a way of compiling a list of people you’ll consider working with. Others can signal you as well.
By signaling a person or organization you notify them that you’ll consider working with them. Thus:
55% of jobs are filled via referrals 1 . With Signals, Torre makes it easy for you.