What language do you want to use Torre in?
• The Business Intelligence team at GA is a small team with significant latitude to solve problems and build scalable solutions. For that reason, this position would appeal to a strong analyst with enthusiasm to learn and grow in an organization whose mission is to empower individuals to do the work they love.
• Partner closely with leadership to develop actionable, measurable projects and programs that accelerate organizational growth, efficiency, and provide data-driven solutions that scale. • Build a strong internal network of subject matter experts and data advocates who can help drive effective change. • Conduct analyses to gain deeper insights into sales performance drivers and assist with initiatives to drive efficiency and productivity; use historical data and leading indicators, like lead generation, to set sales targets. • Work with the business to develop and manage dashboards and reports; maintain and report on key sales metrics and other reporting tools. • Identify the best data sources to use to answer a given question, and work with data engineers and stakeholders to connect and validate that data. • Work cross-functionally with marketing, admissions, and finance to determine what data they need to make decisions, so they can ensure the smooth operation of the business and consistent achievement of an operational plan and growth goals.
• Candidates should have advanced analytical skills, be highly organized, and possess the strong communication skills necessary to work with many different people and teams at GA, often leading high-impact, high-visibility projects. Strong candidates will have experience adapting to the evolving needs of a high-growth B2C and B2B business and creating pragmatic and innovative solutions to complex business problems.
• The Business Intelligence Analyst designs reports and builds data-driven processes to support all the work that GA does, from making day-to-day operations more efficient in ensuring the long-term growth of the company.
• 6+ years of data analyst experience and a problem-solving mindset. • Confident with end to end data workflows: analysis, reporting, and presenting results in a compelling way. • Strong proficiency in SQL (Redshift / Postgres preferred), both for ad hoc analysis and data modeling for analytical reporting. • Proficiency with BI tools such as Looker or Tableau. • Experience with forecasting, benchmarking, and other analytical reporting. • Proven ability to develop new skills and acquire necessary domain knowledge. • Strong communication skills and empathy to understand stakeholder challenges. • Comfortable finding and validating data in undocumented systems. • Enthusiastic about learning new techniques and technologies • Comfortable presenting and engaging with cross-functional teams and leadership. • Strong organization skills and ability to prioritize competing initiatives. • Experience with sales funnels, CRM, and end-to-end customer journey data.
• Our vision is of a global community of individuals empowered to pursue the work they love. Our mission is to grow that community by transforming millions of thinkers into creators. • Since 2011, General Assembly has transformed tens of thousands of careers through pioneering, experiential education in today’s most in-demand skills. As featured in The Economist, Wired, and The New York Times, GA offers training in software development, data, design, business, and more, both online and at campuses around the world. Our global professional community boasts 40,000 full- and part-time alumni — and counting. • In addition to fostering career growth for individuals, GA helps employers cultivate top tech talent and spur innovation by transforming their teams through strategic learning. More than 21,000 employees at elite companies worldwide have honed their digital fluency with our corporate training programs. GA has also been recognized as one of Deloitte’s Technology Fast 500, and Fast Company has dubbed us leaders in World-Changing Ideas as well as the #1 Most Innovative Company in Education.
• One of GA’s seven work values is the mantra, “Always bring data to the conversation,” which reflects the important role that data plays in every decision. The data team is not only responsible for making sure that GA’s data solutions are speedy, intelligent, user-friendly and accessible to employees across the organization, but also works closely with GA’s leadership team, providing them with data-driven insights that drive greater business performance and strategy. • The data team at GA is made up of a Director of Data, a Senior Staff Engineer, two Senior Data Engineers, two Data Engineers, two BI Analysts (one of which is you), and a Technical Project Manager. You will report directly to the Director of Data. Our current technology stack in data engineering mostly consists of Redshift, Python, SQL, Looker, and an open-source event-based data pipeline that provides us with real-time data.
• USA: AZ, CA, CO, FL, GA, IL, KS, MA, MI, MN, NC, NH, NY, OR, RI, TN, TX, UT, WA, DC, WI, WV, and VA • UK.
What are signals?
Signals are a way of compiling a list of people you’ll consider working with. Others can signal you as well.
By signaling a person or organization you notify them that you’ll consider working with them. Thus:
55% of jobs are filled via referrals 1 . With Signals, Torre makes it easy for you.