• We're looking for an ACD of Design with experience across performance/growth marketing and advertising, design, and multimedia. Someone to help manage, run, and direct a small team of designers, and art directors. From initial project planning to final build, you will partner with leaders and individual contributors from Creative, Marketing, and Brand to help shape the creative vision and ensure it's executed with thought and high-level craft, while moving at the speed of performance marketing, shaping the future of design at Better.
• Drive and own day-to-day creative direction and oversight for a team of designers and art directors, with support by a Creative Director • Ensure work is delivered on brand and on time, with a lens of growth • Oversee the concept, presentation, and selling through of creative presentations, which tie together multiple channels • Act as a partner to stakeholders and ensure marketing goals are achieved • Be willing to roll up your sleeves and see through the execution of creative ideas from concept through tactical production tasks, ensuring the highest level of quality and adherence to brand strategy • Be solution-oriented in the face of challenges • Have a self-starting, entrepreneurial spirit • Articulate and defend conceptual and directional choices
• 5+ years of experience in advertising, marketing, agency, and/or tech company • 2+ years of experience with direct reports • Direct and to the point, yet diplomatic and fair • Good sense of humor and plays nice with others • Strong analytical ability, conflict resolution, and negotiation skills • The strong point of view with the written and verbal communication skills to back it up • Appetite for problem-solving and love for fast-paced environments • Ability to create and direct high-quality campaigns • Experience managing and leading various creative campaigns in parallel • Ability to lead and influence without being the direct manager of all team members • A strong understanding of how creativity can achieve business objectives while still meeting brand standards for aesthetic and communication quality
• Better is redefining homeownership and making it simpler, faster—and most importantly—more accessible for everyone. We leverage technology and expertise to find ways that we can make the homebuying journey more approachable and understandable.
• Better is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, race, color, religion or religious creed, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, marital status, family or parental status, disability, military or veteran status, age, or any other basis protected by law. All employment decisions at Better are based on a person’s merit, business needs, and role requirements.
• We do what’s in the best interest of the consumer, not ourselves • We have growth mindsets, not fixed ones • We believe that success lies in execution, not credentials • We act like owners, not just employees • We work to find answers on our own, not wait for them to be given to us • We optimize for mission, not ego • Our mission speaks for itself—we continue to outpace the industry at every turn. We’ve recently joined forces in partnership with Ally Bank, and our backers have helped build some of the most transformative tech and finance companies in history. Kleiner Perkins, Goldman Sachs, American Express, Citigroup, Activant Capital, Ally Bank, and others have invested in our vision for what homeownership can be.
• Better.com is committed to paying NYC HQ salary bands, for all employees, regardless of where they are located and does not adjust salaries based on cost of living location. Our total rewards package consists of base salary, yearly cash bonus, equity and benefits. Additional employment-related benefits include: • A $500 stipend to set up the WFH office of your dreams • Comprehensive healthcare, retirement, and voluntary benefits—including medical, dental, vision, savings accounts, 401k, and more • Personalized care and tools for realizing your mental health and wellness goals • Robust holistic wellbeing offerings where you can experience unlimited access to virtual fitness, meditation, yoga, cooking classes, homeschooling preparedness, physical therapy, and more • Unlimited time off (with manager approval) • 12 weeks of paid parental leave after only 90 days of employment, and 20 weeks after 24 months of service • Inclusive fertility benefits for you or your eligible dependents, regardless of participation in a Better medical plan
What are signals?
Signals are a way of compiling a list of people you’ll consider working with. Others can signal you as well.
By signaling a person or organization you notify them that you’ll consider working with them. Thus:
55% of jobs are filled via referrals 1 . With Signals, Torre makes it easy for you.