What language do you want to use Torre in?
• The 0x core team builds across the entire 0x stack — from protocol-level development through end-user products. As a Data Engineer, you'll be responsible for creating, maintaining, and scaling technology that extracts and processes blockchain data signals to inform company-wide strategy and real-time decision making. You'll partner with 0x's Data Scientists, Product Managers, and Engineers to translate business needs into requirements and actionable recommendations. • You have a passion for operating in new spaces: building solutions from the ground up in a fast-paced environment. You're excited about the opportunity to shape culture and practices. You thrive in ambiguity, and you're dedicated to converging on salient ideas and solutions. You're highly motivated to advance not only 0x through data but to do the same for our growing ecosystem and the broader Ethereum community.
• * Work with 0x's Data Scientists, PMs, and Engineers to help us answer questions about problems we're facing and translate business needs into actionable data signals * Proactively curate and refine appropriate the ETL pipelines powering 0x's data source * Canonicalize metrics and construct dashboards to help teams mark progress and measure success. * Collaborate with Platform engineers to scale the data and services infrastructure * Collaborate with analytics platform partners to make sure 0x data is represented accurately * Help 0x ecosystem and broader Ethereum ecosystem by contributing to open-source, publishing data sets and analyses, and establishing best practices for working with blockchain data
• 2+ years experience as a Data Engineer, Data Scientist, or Analyst • Experience analyzing, cleaning data, and preparing reports • Experience building ETL pipelines • Comfortability with programming (ideally in Python and/or TypeScript/Node, but we’re flexible) • Passion for the benefits of decentralization and the 0x mission • Exhibit our core values: do the right thing, consistently ship, and focus on the long-term impact
• You're experienced and comfortable with being the ultimate data guardian of your organization. You strive for excellence when it comes to establishing high standards in company data hygiene and take proactive action to establish it. You naturally form and test theses against large data sets to help drive product decisions and company strategy. You enjoy sharing your findings and presenting them both internally and externally, tailoring your language and visualizations to the audience. Working with experimental and cutting-edge technology inspires you, and you find the process of solving problems without a known best practice motivating.
• Experience interacting with Ethereum nodes / web3 • Experience analyzing, cleaning data, and preparing reports on blockchain data • Experience with Apache Airflow • Experience with Apache Kafka or other data queuing systems
• At 0x Labs, our mission is to create a tokenized world where all value can flow freely. We're a highly technical, globally distributed group of teams working together toward actualizing that mission. In doing so, we're excited and proud to be pushing the envelope across the Defi and Ethereum stacks. • In joining us, you'll take part in transforming the way that value is exchanged on a global scale. We're passionate about open-source software and decentralized technology's potential to act as an equalizing force in the world, and our technology is deployed by a wide array of projects at the forefront of internet and economic advancement.
• 0x Labs and its associated entities (0x) are dedicated to fostering diversity, inclusion, and belonging in its teams and workforce, and are proud to be equal opportunity employers. 0x does not make employment or hiring decisions on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender expression or identity, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, citizenship, national origin, or any other basis that is protected by applicable local, state, or federal laws. 0x will also consider qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records in a way that is consistent with San Francisco’s Fair Chance Ordinance and similar local laws.
• Founded in 2017, 0x Labs created and now partakes in the development of 0x protocol: a network comprised of open-source infrastructure, tooling, and cryptocurrency-based incentives that allow for the decentralized exchange of any blockchain-based digital asset. 0x is a secure, publicly owned and governed, and upgradable standard that’s abstracted away from application-layer developers and enables interoperability between blockchain-based applications. • Alongside the core protocol, 0x Labs also builds and maintains a suite of network incentives, business resources, developer/trader tools (e.g., 0x API), and end-user products (e.g., Matcha). • We’re a remote-first company with core contributors in nearly ten countries and over twice as many cities. Our headquarters is in San Francisco, with an office available for anyone on the team to use at any time. • We’ll consider your application regardless of where you call home.
• Competitive salary and equity with occasional cryptocurrency-based perks • Comprehensive insurance (medical/dental/vision/life/disability) — 100% covered for you and dependents • 401k, HSA, and FSA • Monthly mobile phone bill, wellness, and pre-tax transportation expense • Covered mental health benefits (included professional therapy sessions) • Flexible hours, liberal work-from-home policy, and a supportive remote environment • Lunch delivered at home daily for SF residents • Laptop, headphones, and any other work gear you may need • 12-week paid parental leave • Great office conveniently located in Soma/East Cut, SF • Unlimited vacation: Take time when you need it (and we really mean it)
What are signals?
Signals are a way of compiling a list of people you’ll consider working with. Others can signal you as well.
By signaling a person or organization you notify them that you’ll consider working with them. Thus:
55% of jobs are filled via referrals 1 . With Signals, Torre makes it easy for you.