What language do you want to use Torre in?
• Join our well-established, vibrant and growing ecommerce company in an exciting role as a Software Engineering Manager. Use your unique acumen in software design, documentation and project management to collaborate with our internal team to drive unique projects that deliver big results. Partner with our developers, product managers and stakeholders to brainstorm innovative, leveraged solutions to wow our customers and internal users alike. Roll up your sleeves and drive multiple software projects utilizing your strengths that create impact. In this important and visible role you will own responsibilities and projects while working closely with our growing group of talented developers, product managers, and other smart team members. • We have a lot of exciting projects in the works (including a new mobile responsive website launch this year) and a long pipeline ahead. You'll have important responsibilities and challenges for continuous growth with meaningful outcomes.
• Develop and maintain the software projects road map that supports company initiatives, use for resource planning and organizational alignment. • Collaborate with stakeholders and product managers to develop lean and clear project requirements documents including wireframes. • Build and manage projects using agile scrum methods and administer Jira. • Hold daily "stand-up" meetings with the development team. • Assist developers with solutions to drive projects successfully to timely completion. • Oversee and participate in QA testing. • Collaborate with internal and external talent as required - ad agencies, coding agencies, designers, freelancers, etc.. • Lead team members in performance assessments, training and coaching. • Assist with recruiting new developers as needed, including onboarding and training.
• Successful track record as Software Engineering Manager • Willingness to read books, and further education on your own • Positive, optimistic and results-oriented
• We are future-minded innovators working to provide intelligent heating and cooling solutions to everyday homeowners. Started in 2002, we are the first ecommerce company to sell HVAC equipment to homeowners online and by phone. We have helped hundreds of thousands of customers while maintaining the strongest reputation in our industry. Our objective is to create great experiences for our customers, vendors and employees. At Alpine, everyone wins. Our employees love our positive and supportive culture, beautiful sunny office, great benefits and friendly team. We help our employees develop their careers and do the work that best suits their talents and interests. We are innovative! Check out a list of industry first pioneered here at Alpine: 2002 - first ever ecommerce HVAC store 2003 - first HVAC online shopping configurator 2004 - first national HVAC referral network of installing contractors 2005 - first of its kind automated performance based pay system for phone sales 2011 - first and only online HVAC operating cost calculator 2013 - first and only HVAC photo-to-quote app 2014 - filed patent for better way to assist customers with sales & service needs 2015 - first eCommerce bundling of local services + products: EasyHVAC.com
• This is a permanent work-from-home position. You may also opt to work in-office in Lincoln Park, Chicago. • If you're an innovative Software Engineering Manager who wants to join a winning team and help drive it to greater heights, this is a great career opportunity for you!
What are signals?
Signals are a way of compiling a list of people you’ll consider working with. Others can signal you as well.
By signaling a person or organization you notify them that you’ll consider working with them. Thus:
55% of jobs are filled via referrals 1 . With Signals, Torre makes it easy for you.