• We’re looking for a well-rounded person to join our Data Science and Analytics team at Lambda School to help us build the best marketing and growth system in the world.
• Analyze our campaign performance using different attribution models at scale, and help us optimize our channel portfolio • Using advanced testing techniques (i.e. AB testing, diff-in-diff) to help us iterate our CRM, marketing and social strategy • Work with engineers and product managers to turn data science prototypes into robust, reliable solutions • Present findings to business leaders to inform decisions.
• A successful candidate will... • Bring energy, inquisitiveness, creativity, kindness, analytical thinking, problem-solving, and relentlessness to their work • Comfortable dealing with imperfect data, solve one’s own data pipeline problems if needed • Thrive in fast-paced environments and be unafraid to take on challenges • Be student obsessed and always a student.
• Your role will deepen our understanding of the marketing spend outcomes and the campaign performance of our CRM and acquisition marketing. Additionally, you will be working closely with marketing, admission and growth team to help us find the best way to attract the right students to Lambda School at scale. Because we are student focused, our goal is to understand what makes their experience as productive as possible. We are turning the traditional education business model on its head with where we invest in students who only pay when they get a new job using the skills they learned with us. With the Income Sharing Agreement (ISA) financing model, we have unlocked the potential for people to seek a better life without the worry of student debt. We invest in our students to create a truly aligned education model where our student’s success is directly tied to our company’s success. This role will undoubtedly help to shape the thinking of a new industry, and we are looking for the right candidate ready to make an impact.
• 5+ year data science, or similar field • Foundational depth in statistical inference and modeling, sampling and bias correction, supervised ML/econometrics modeling • Sound understanding of the fundamentals of what makes a business work, ability to hypothesize the impact of changes, and how to find data to confirm or disprove the hypothesis • Ability to use a language like Python or R to work efficiently at scale with large data sets (including exploratory data analysis, statistical analysis, and machine learning) in a production environment • Experience with databases and SQL • Experience sharing data with web based BI tools like Looker, or experience in an internal customer facing data oriented role, and experience working with data pipeline tools like segment.
• Lambda School is on a mission to pioneer a new model of accessible higher education with no upfront costs and where the school invests in the students instead of the other way around. We are rethinking learning so that we can address the needs of both students and employers in tandem. We’re a progressive alternative to traditional college and fast track bootcamps. Lambda is an intensive program and an immersive live, online curriculum that teaches people the hard and soft skills they need to launch a new tech career. We offer both full time and part time courses to our students.
• If that sounds exciting to you, let’s talk. Our success depends on building teams who can challenge each other's assumptions with fresh perspectives. To that end, we don’t just accept differences – we celebrate them. Lambda School welcomes a diverse pool of applicants, including those from historically marginalized groups and non-traditional backgrounds who can appreciate the diverse student communities that we serve and are looking to grow into. This includes women, people with disabilities, people of color, formerly incarcerated people, individuals who are lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, queer and/or gender nonconforming, first and second generation immigrants, veterans, and people from different socioeconomic backgrounds.
What are signals?
Signals are a way of compiling a list of people you’ll consider working with. Others can signal you as well.
By signaling a person or organization you notify them that you’ll consider working with them. Thus:
55% of jobs are filled via referrals 1 . With Signals, Torre makes it easy for you.