What language do you want to use Torre in?
• Our roadmap is long and many challenges lie ahead. This is where you come in. You’re an outstanding UX Designer with several years of relevant experience. • Unlike some companies, we believe that UX and UI design are separate disciplines. The lines are blurred between the two but each demands slightly different thinking and skills. • UX designers help shape a product from scratch using customer research and business requirements which can often be complex, unclear and incomplete. They work alongside product owners to create elegant, usable designs including wireframes, clickable prototypes and specifications. Whereas UI designers are more focused on transforming those deliverables into beautiful, responsive, cross-platform designs ready for implementation. Ensuring that the product is useful, usable and delightful. There’s lots of crossover between the two and they are both critical to our product’s success.
• You will lead our UX designers but this is very much a hands on role so you need to love rolling your sleeves up and getting your hands dirty • You will drive the design, form and function of our app with help and feedback from other members of the team. Working particularly closely with Product Owners and the UI Designers • You will communicate your designs using clickable prototypes, process flows, user journeys, job stories, personas and any other other best-practice techniques for getting your ideas across quickly and clearly • Customer research and feedback along with business requirements will form the foundations of your designs. You will be eager to validate your ideas with customers before the team invests time and energy in executing them • As we grow, you will play an active role in growing the design team • You will aim to champion a customer-centered approach to design across the company • Along with UI Designers, you will invest in design standards, documentation and processes to further our design practices • Your ultimate goal will be to create a joyful experience that customers love
• You will have experience of leading and mentoring design teams • Experience of agile environments and SaaS would be ideal • You have a broad range of skills with strengths in interaction and visual product design, including information architecture, user journeys, flows, motion, prototyping, and systems-level thinking • You ideally have a working knowledge of HTML/CSS/JS/React and can create prototypes at various stages of fidelity • You love immersing yourself in problems—conducting customer and competitor research, sketching concepts, defining flows and building prototypes. You can do all this in a timely and efficient way with an acute awareness that tech companies live and die by how rapidly they can deliver for customers • You have passion! The right candidate will be obsessed with great user experiences and have their finger on the pulse of the latest web design techniques and best practices • You will have well-formed opinions about what’s good and what’s not and be prepared to fight for great design (while being more pragmatic than dogmatic) • You will have expertise in usability, web standards, accessibility and responsive design (the principles in Don’t Make Me Think will be second nature to you) • You have a growth mindset and are hungry to learn and evolve in all areas - from leadership skills to design craft to process to making good use of market trends • You will have an understanding of what’s technically feasible along with a good sense of when convention should trump quirkiness • You will have strong experience of de-scoping features to achieve minimum viable releases followed by ongoing iterations and enhancement. You fully appreciate the connection between the speed of releases and the financial viability of the company • You have a degree in design or comparable on-the-job experience • You are fluent in English and a great communicator
• You have at least 5 years experience designing digital experiences for the web, mobile and other devices. Ideally, there will be some industry leading, recognizable company names on your CV
• Resource Guru was born when two people, working in a digital agency, were grappling with a problem that didn’t seem to have any decent solutions. 7 years on, we have a leading productivity app that is changing the way teams manage time across the globe. We have some incredible customers including NASA, Ikea, Publicis, Accenture, Red Hat, KPMG, Pirelli, M&C Saatchi, VMware, Ogilvy, PwC, Virgin Media and the NHS. They all trust Resource Guru to handle one of their most precious assets - their people’s time.
• We are a small, remote team with employees in the UK, Europe and South Africa. This means you would be free to work from anywhere with a good internet connection and a 4 hour time overlap with GMT business hours. We live in Slack, have daily video standups and some of us like to meet up occasionally to work together from coworking spaces. We’re a friendly team and like to think of ourselves as a family :)
What are signals?
Signals are a way of compiling a list of people you’ll consider working with. Others can signal you as well.
By signaling a person or organization you notify them that you’ll consider working with them. Thus:
55% of jobs are filled via referrals 1 . With Signals, Torre makes it easy for you.