• Varsity Tutors is looking for a Finance Manager to join our team
• Participate in the annual budget process and ongoing forecast development for operating plan updates on a periodic basis • Perform cost and variance analysis and interpret financial results to budget / forecast • Support a finance team and ensure delivery of key results • Manage the ongoing analysis of key financial metrics and operations; providing insights and value added recommendations to drive continuous improvement • Provide strategic business decision support and analysis of operating spend for all departments and identify opportunities for optimization • Drive cost reduction / optimization opportunities / initiatives • Support M&A activity, including all aspects of due diligence and deal execution • Implement and improve business processes • Provide financial planning for operating expenses, capital spend, headcount and new business lines / acquisitions • Support month end close process (reporting, variance analysis) • Maintain a high-functioning relationship with other executives to ensure transparency, efficiency, effectiveness, and integrity in all commercial endeavors
• BA in Accounting or Finance, or a related field is required • MBA strongly preferred • 5+ years of progressive experience in finance roles • Thorough knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) and experience in consolidated financial reporting • Advanced proficiency in MS Excel, financial planning (modeling) tools and ERP systems • SQL experience a plus • Ability to thrive and effectively operate in a fast-paced, hands-on, collaborative environment • Excellent analytical, interpersonal, problem-solving, decision-making, leadership, oral and written communication skills • Ability to work in a team-oriented environment, often cross functionally • Ability to manage multiple tasks at once and a work ethic based on a strong desire to exceed expectations • Strong problem solving skills, the ability to deal with ambiguity, and work successfully and effectively on cross-functional teams • Self starter with strong analytical skills and decision making capabilities • Impeccable attention to detail and accuracy
• The Finance Manager provides decision support, forecasting, analytics and reporting to senior management for all functions within the business including Sales, Operations, Legal, HR, and key external stakeholders. The role also supports special projects such as automation initiatives, the implementation of new systems and processes and the financial due diligence and integration of business acquisitions or expansion opportunities.
• Varsity Tutors, a Nerdy Company, is the leading direct-to-consumer, curated gig economy platform for live online learning benefiting both learners and experts. We have built a comprehensive online learning destination that enables the delivery of scaled high-quality live expertise for learners of all ages across thousands of subjects and multiple learning formats through the application of technology and AI. We've raised $107M million in venture capital from TCV, Learn Capital, and the Chan Zuckerberg Initiative. We also recently announced that Nerdy, the parent company of Varsity Tutors, plans to go public via a SPAC with TPG Pace Tech Opportunities later this year, with a $1.7 billion market valuation.
• Healthcare Plans (Medical, Dental, Vision, Life) • 401k Company Plan • Flexible PTO plus a floating holiday • Paid VTO ("volunteer time off" to do community service/charity work) • 52 hours of Free Learning Sessions per year for you or immediate families members and free access to our Virtual School Day classes and School@Home program • Once in a lifetime opportunity to help revolutionize how the world learns! • Fun, collaborative, and team-oriented work environment with plenty of training and a feedback rich culture
What are signals?
Signals are a way of compiling a list of people you’ll consider working with. Others can signal you as well.
By signaling a person or organization you notify them that you’ll consider working with them. Thus:
55% of jobs are filled via referrals 1 . With Signals, Torre makes it easy for you.