What language do you want to use Torre in?
Care in Action, the c4 sister organization to the National Domestic Workers Alliance, seeks an Immigration Persuasion Project Manager to lead an innovative new program to maximize the number of people who will vote for pro-immigrant candidates. This position is intended to help build out a program that will engage in a broad set of strategies to engage with voters on immigration, including deep canvassing experiments, digital ads, conventional mail, data analysis and targeting, social media engagement, and more.
• Manage an innovative and creative immigration persuasion program, treading new ground at the intersection of electoral politics and issue organizing • Implement rigorous testing programs to gauge which strategies and tactics to pursue at scale • Think creatively and expansively about how to interact with, and eventually persuade, a wide array of voters on immigration • Liaise with movement partners to ensure close coordination to the extent allowed by law • Execute day-to-day administrative responsibilities to run the persuasion program, including grant agreements, data analysis, consultant management, placing digital ads, working with vendors on mail programs, etc. • Move quickly, work independently, and be willing to experiment
• Experience with 2-3 cycles of field organizing • Experience in electoral voter contact, especially on persuasion campaigns • Experience with political communications, including digital ads, conventional ads, political mail, etc. -- and experience with analysis of such programs • Familiarity with progressive testing and experimentation community/resources • Experience building broad‐based coalitions • Experience with voter files, voter targeting and voter contact work • Excellent communication skills and organizational skills • Deep knowledge of political organizing, with a commitment to racial, social, and economic justice • Belief in the leadership and political power of women of color, especially Black women and immigrant women • Commitment to the mission and vision of Care in Action • Understanding of issues facing low‐wage workers, immigrant and Black communities, and other communities of color • Willingness to work long and unusual hours, including nights and weekends • Work with the national Care in Action staff and attorneys to meet all legal and ethical requirements of a political organization • Relentless drive, tenacity and a willingness to do whatever it takes to advance our mission and values • Attention to detail and the ability to manage the technical aspects of a project such as paperwork, deadlines, etc. • Proﬁciency with computer operations and programs • Proficiency in Spanish considered a major plus
• NDWA Labs is the innovation arm of the National Domestic Workers Alliance, one of the country’s leading progressive social movement organizations. At NDWA Labs, we’re building technology products that transform domestic work jobs into good jobs by bringing respect, living wages, and benefits to an invisible, undervalued, and vulnerable part of the economy. Rather than optimizing within the status quo, NDWA Labs leverages tech to disrupt power and fundamentally change the ways in which work is organized for the millions of women and immigrants in the domestic work industry. • In March 2020, the Coronavirus Care Fund (CCF) was established by the National Domestic Workers Alliance to provide emergency financial assistance for domestic workers to support them in staying safe and staying home. The technology that powers this effort is built by NDWALabs. This effort has already distributed $3 million to over 7,500 domestic workers.
• Women, People of Color, People with Disabilities and LGBTQ people strongly urged to apply. Applications will only be accepted electronically. Please submit a resume and cover letter to this platform. This position will remain open until filled.
• Location: Remote • Position: Full-time, through December 31, 2020 • FLSA Status: Exempt • Start Date: ASAP • Salary Range: $70,000-$75,000 annual rate • Reports To: Managing Director
What are signals?
Signals are a way of compiling a list of people you’ll consider working with. Others can signal you as well.
By signaling a person or organization you notify them that you’ll consider working with them. Thus:
55% of jobs are filled via referrals 1 . With Signals, Torre makes it easy for you.