• Product Design at Mux: • Mux cares deeply about design and we’ve invested in it heavily from the start. As a technical company building a data-heavy product and a developer-friendly video API, design is especially important. Our real-time dashboard was used exclusively to monitor the streaming of the Super Bowl last year and our video API is powering streaming on popular consumer apps like Robinhood and others. We’re looking for strong designers to help us scale design across our products and work with our world-class customers to deliver some exciting new features and products that we have planned.
• As a Product Designer on the Core Product Experience team at Mux you'll be at the heart of our product suite, creating surprisingly great onboarding experiences, solving difficult billing and account management UX problems, and empowering our feature teams by driving the evolution of our design system. You'll be part of a growing team that's excited to create powerful tools and delightful experiences. We’re looking for a strong designer who can work quickly on a small team to have significant impact on our customers' success.
• You’re comfortable leading a process, one that is open and transparent • You have experience prototyping and testing your designs directly with customers • You’ve shipped products, learned how customers use them, and iterated towards improvement • You enjoy defining a problem through user research as much as designing the solution • You have experience defining roadmaps with product managers by balancing business strategy with a vision for the user experience • You care about how your design decisions impact the technical implementation
• 3+ years of product design experience • 5+ years total experience in product, design, or engineering related work
• Mux is video for developers. Our mission is to democratize video by solving the hard problems developers face when building video: video encoding and streaming (Mux Video), video monitoring (Mux Data), and more. Video is a huge part of people’s lives, and we want to help make it better. • We’re committed to building a healthy team that welcomes a diverse range of backgrounds and experiences. We want people who care about our mission, are ready to grow, believe in our values (from Be Human to Turn Customers Into Fans), and want to make the people around them better. • You’ll be joining a tight-knit team with experience at places like Google, YouTube, Twitch, Zencoder, Fastly, and more. Our founders previously started (and sold) Zencoder, an early leader in cloud video technology, and authored Video.js, the biggest HTML5 video player on the web. We organize Demuxed, the premiere conference for video engineers in the world. • We’re backed by top investors like Accel and Y Combinator. You’ll get to work with amazing companies: hundreds of startups, plus Reddit, Vimeo, Robinhood, CBSi, Discovery, PBS, and TED. Customers large and small love working with us and love our team. • We’re growing quickly and are building something big together. We’d love to hear from you!
• Mux is an Equal Opportunity employer committed to building a diverse company. We believe diversity makes us better, and we strive to be inclusive and equitable. That’s why we do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status or disability status.
• Location: San Francisco or Remote (US)
What are signals?
Signals are a way of compiling a list of people you’ll consider working with. Others can signal you as well.
By signaling a person or organization you notify them that you’ll consider working with them. Thus:
55% of jobs are filled via referrals 1 . With Signals, Torre makes it easy for you.