• phData works exclusively in the realm of data and machine learning. By partnering with the biggest cloud data platforms (Snowflake, Azure, AWS, Cloudera), we’re able to help the world’s largest companies solve their toughest challenges. • Our work is challenging and our standards are high, but we invest heavily in our employees, starting with a 2-4 week bootcamp to ensure you’ll be successful. Plus, you’ll get to work with the brightest minds in the industry and the latest data platforms on the market. And, because the data and ML industry is changing rapidly, you will always have the opportunity to learn - whether that’s a new technology, diving deeper into your preferred stack, or picking up an entirely new skill set. • Fueled by talented Data Scientists, Engineers, Architects, and innovative thought leaders, phData is shaping the future of data. We are looking for a talented Engineers with Azure expertise for our emerging Cloud Data Ops practice. Our approach is unique and we're looking for hands-on expert to help define and deliver Azure services for our large, enterprise customers.
• Define, design and automate services and best practices for Azure solutions • Deploy Azure solutions; provide architectural guidance, implement and troubleshoot issues to ensure platform success • Develop assets for the practice (runbooks and operational procedures) as well as train our team of internal engineers • Build/refine automation, custom monitoring and alerts, capacity planning and reporting • Work with key stakeholders (Data Science, Data Architecture and Business Intelligence) to help build out toolsets and frameworks; migrate models into new platform
• Seeing the big picture. You recognize that data challenges are multifaceted, and you understand the technical, business, operational, and human issues at play. • Solving complex problems. You’re eager to take on big issues that have stumped some of the world’s biggest companies. • Venturing boldly into uncharted territory. When facing a problem you haven’t seen before, you enjoy the challenge of navigating through rocky terrain to build an ideal solution. • Working across technology stacks and organizational silos. You’ve seen what happens when people get stuck in one platform, application, or way of thinking. You can integrate disparate functions and technologies to make your solutions work. • Thinking on your feet. You don’t get rattled by the unexpected. You quickly assess the situation and formulate a plan of action. • Following up and following through. Not only can you envision the solution, you can break it into actionable steps and keep pushing toward the final outcome, no matter what gets in the way. • Managing the human side. You’ve got the presence and poise to work confidently and respectfully with your teammates, your customers, and more—even when it’s time for difficult conversations. • Collaborating with others. Being yourself. You value an environment where it’s safe to ask questions, take calculated risks, and be authentic. You support your teammates and expect others to do the same. • Proven accomplishments architecting, deploying, and operating data analytics, data warehouse, and BI solutions built in Azure • Production experience with modern data platform and data warehouse technologies (e.g. Azure Databricks, Azure SQL Data Warehouse, Azure Synapse, Azure Data Lake Store Gen 2.0, Azure Data Factory) • Professional track record of creating, challenging, and improving processes and procedures • Working knowledge of SQL and the ability to write, debug, and optimize distributed SQL queries • Advanced knowledge in troubleshooting and resolving database performance issues, connectivity issues, and security issues. • Background as a technical team lead, and/or mentorship of other engineers • High level of confidence in creating and delivering detailed presentations • Established history in building and maintaining CI/CD pipelines or workflows using Azure DevOps • Experience in PowerShell, Python (Anaconda), Scala, R • Experience with business intelligence and reporting tools such as Microsoft PowerBI or Tableau
• Want to solve complex, enterprise-scale data challenges while working at a fast-growing company, with a collaborative, award-winning culture, deeply rooted in engineering? phData is growing our team of Solutions Architects — key technical leaders who help our customers (including some of the world’s largest companies) gain tangible value from their data. • Solutions Architects combine serious technical expertise, next-level problem-solving skills, and old-school grit. They design and implement data solutions—across an ever-changing technical stack—to help our customers overcome business challenges and seize new opportunities. They’re technical experts who diagnose the real issues and then engineer the best possible way to address them. They’re influencers who get everyone (including the customer) moving in the same direction. And they’re hands-on doers who put in the day-to-day work to make their solution happen. • The Managed Services team at phData helps customers get data products into production and keep them operating efficiently. We offer services to manage data platforms, data pipelines, and machine-learning models throughout their lifecycle. We’ve defined best practices across industries and technologies from years of experience with Fortune 500 companies. We invest in automation and tools to boost efficiency and quality. We are experts in our field and are on the forefront of new technology. And we take great pride in collaborating closely with our customers and within our team.
• At least 4 years as a DevOps Engineer, Database Administrator, Solutions Architect, or equivalent • Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or a related field (preferred but not required; we value real-world experience)
• phData is the perfect mix of services and automation to create solid data platforms, outstanding data products, and value-generating machine learning systems in the cloud. phData guides the world’s largest brands in cloud data platforms, data engineering, data science, and machine learning. • Snowflake Emerging Partner of the Year 2020 • Databricks Rising Star Partner of the Year 2020 • Cloudera Partner of the Year 2020
• Even though we're growing extremely fast, we maintain a casual, exciting work environment. We hire top performers and allow them the autonomy to deliver results. Our award winning workplace fosters learning, creativity and teamwork.
• Fueled by talented Data Scientists, Engineers, Architects, and innovative thought leaders, phData is shaping the future of data. We're looking for Solutions Architects and Sr. Data Engineers help customers gain tangible value from their data.
What are signals?
Signals are a way of compiling a list of people you’ll consider working with. Others can signal you as well.
By signaling a person or organization you notify them that you’ll consider working with them. Thus:
55% of jobs are filled via referrals 1 . With Signals, Torre makes it easy for you.