Do you want to join an exciting, growing company where you’ll be rewarded for providing first-class service, educating & supporting your clients through our simple sales process, & using your sales skills in a rapidly expanding industry? As an HPOne Licensed Representative, you’ll enjoy a diverse, supportive environment, along with a competitive compensation program, including base salary, uncapped commissions, best-in-class training, comprehensive benefits and endless leads provided by the company.
Here’s what you’ll do: Our Licensed Consultants will work with our clients to identify their unique situation and needs and help choose insurance plans that suit them from 20+ local, regional and national carriers.
Day to Day Responsibilities:
- Perform detailed Medicare insurance sales needs analysis via phone with clients, including educating the client about Medicare, identifying matching plans, services, and assisting through the enrollment process.
- Close sales and underwrite policies for clients, completing applications accurately
- Fully understand, abide by and stay current with all Center for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS) rules and regulations as they pertain to duties assigned
- Work with internal supervisors, managers, training staff, and customer service representatives
- Successfully meet daily/weekly/monthly sales goals
- Performs other related duties as assigned
Our commitment to you:
- Base pay + uncapped commission potentials ($50-$65K 1st year avg.) along with competitive benefits for yourself & your family. Agents also earn renewals on sales they make.
- Incredible growth opportunities- 2/3 of our Leadership team has been promoted from within.
- Top-notch training to keep you educated, informed, and up to date with industry trends.
- Regular one on one coaching & mentoring from Managers to improve your craft and reach your goals.
- Clarity and collaboration- we want your feedback to be consistently improving as a company.
We encourage you to APPLY NOW if you consider yourself a:
- Passionate Salesperson: You shine in a competitive environment and love being #1. You love some friendly competition and are excited to build your commissions.
- Entrepreneurial Spirit: You have a passion for learning & you strive to be better day to day. You want to continue your professional growth, and love sharing your knowledge with others, too!
- Enthusiasm Spreader: You want to motivate your customers, but also your teammates. You have a positive attitude that’s contagious and you love to make people’s day!
Core skills/abilities needs:
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- High school diploma or equivalent
- A current and valid Health license (specific to state of residence)
- Must not have failed America’s Health Insurance Plans (AHIP) certification with any other organization within the past 12 months
- Must be released or able to obtain release from current upline for Medicare carriers (brokerage appointed under) and employer
- Applicable state health licensure and satisfactory criminal history searches. Certain Federal and State laws, as well as insurance carrier requirements May 12, 2020, prohibit hiring insurance agents who have ever been convicted of various criminal actions. A problematic criminal history will result in denial of employment or discharge if determined after hire
- Completion of computer/typing assessment
- Completion of sales assessment
Helpful, but not required:
- 6+ months of sales experience
- Call center/sales environment experience
- Prior Medicare experience
- Able to work a flexible schedule including evenings and weekends
**Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) is a fundamental principle at HPOne, where employment is based upon personal capabilities and qualifications. HPOne does not discriminate because of actual or perceived sex, sexual orientation or preference, gender identity, gender, transgender, race, color, religion, national origin, creed, citizenship status, ancestry, age, marital status, pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions, medical conditions including genetic characteristics, mental or physical disability, military and veteran status, or any other protected characteristic as established by law. HPOne requires the necessary drug testing and background checks as part of our pre-employment practices.