What language do you want to use Torre in?
FBN Direct is looking for a Production Planner to join the fastest growing input commerce platform serving US farmers, providing crop protection products, seed, seed treatments, fertilizers, and a variety of other crop inputs directly to farmers. The Production Planner is instrumental in the planning, procurement, and production process that will make FBN the key player in the Ag Inputs industry.
Purchase Order Management: • Negotiates and manages blanket and standard POs, stocking agreements, pricing, supplier lead times, and terms • Manage all phases of the PO process to completion from; RFQ planning, internal approval, PO execution, possible change orders, to shipment tracking and delivery; interface with international raw material suppliers • Managing cash flow plans and requirements. • Reconcile purchase price variance or receiving variances • Work with customers to validate international EPA establishment numbers • Ensure overall accuracy of labeling • Knowledge of and ability to follow transportation requirements • Maintain company-wide procurement spreadsheet Vendor management: • Schedule and participate in vendor meeting • Review campaign summary reports to ensure proper material usages • Price negotiations • Manage relationships with the vendors to ensure that they are able to meet delivery requirements • Vendor service/performance reporting and correction • Product complaint handling • Provides forecasts to vendors as needed • Responsibility for certain generic suppliers • Maintain vendor price files and vendor relationships • Research product and pricing and enter into negotiations as needed with vendors Planning: • Ensures inventory control techniques, procedures and best practices are followed. • Interface daily with finance, logistics, customer service and sales. • Help Accounts Payable to set-up new vendor accounts • Maintain Item master data/SKUs in the ERP (Netsuite) • Part of a cross functional team working with Forecasting, Warehousing, Sales, Item Fulfillment and Management
• Excellent time management and organizational skills • Multitasking projects • Independent and detail oriented, with strong written, verbal and negotiating skills. • Must possess strong problem solving and analytical skills • Experience in seasonal planning function • A farmer focus and a commitment to farmer satisfaction • Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills for establishing and maintaining strong relationships with Vendors, and Management. • Adapts to new technologies • Ability to adapt to changing roles and responsibilities • Ability to propose cost savings improvements in spend and freight management • Ability to travel as requested (estimated up to 10% of time)
Planning • Communicate and coordinate with the Customer Service Team on fulfillment of orders direct from production. • Have a keen understanding of product costing so that opportunities for cost reductions can be targeted to maximize savings. • Procure and import active ingredients, inerts and other raw materials necessary to meet production demands. • Oversee the flow of documentation between international suppliers and US Customs to ensure timely release of imported goods. • Work with Freight Forwarder to maximize cost savings during delivery of imported goods. Compare FOB, CIF, Intermodal and OTR rates to ensure highest cost savings. • Arrange for delivery or distribution of products to expedite flow of raw materials and meet production schedules. • Act as Liaison with contract tollers on setting production schedules, reporting daily production results and coordinating flow of inbound raw materials to minimize on-site warehousing fees. • Ensure timely and accurate scheduling of assigned Toll Manufacturers that ensure reliability of supply of products and minimize added operating costs such as downtime, system clean-outs and excess waste disposal fees. Monitor Toller performance on meeting production time lines and material usages. • Develop and maintain production plans for assigned products, as well as implementing and maintaining production planning software. Utilize ERP (NetSuite) for recording production and maintaining inventories of manufactured finished goods and raw materials. • Provide timely and concise follow-ups to requests from Management and other departments on business activities. Provide detailed updates during Operations Planning Meetings that lead to improved efficiencies and communications, resulting in lower costs and improved customer service. • Prepare and record inventory transfers and production usage and work with third party warehouses and tollers to ensure inventory is • accurately maintained and reported.
• Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent industry experience required • American Production and Inventory Control Society, (APICS) & Certified in Production and Inventory Management (CPIM) certification or equivalent (Preferred) • 5+ years of direct purchasing experience • 5+ years of experience with procurement and plant operations • Experience with order management, inventory, and logistics processes and systems ( NetSuite experience is a plus) • Product planning experience prefered • Project management experience
• Proudly Farmers First®! • What do you get when you cross the best of Silicon Valley innovation and technology with the value driven mission of Family Farmers around the world? • Farmer’s Business Network, Inc. (FBN®) • FBN was created by farmers for farmers and is on a mission to power the prosperity of Family Farmers around the world by leveling the playing field through insights, commerce and community. Our goal is to enable them to make smart business decisions that maximize their farms profit potential for generations to come, helping to ensure the fundamental economic viability and sustainability of family farms and rural communities.
• Farmer’s Business Network, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. For U.S.-based candidates, Farmer’s Business Network, Inc. participates in U.S. Citizenship and Immigration’s E-Verify program.
• The Corporate Counsel--Commercial Contracts will join the growing legal team and will support a varied array of the Company’s fast growing businesses while also interacting with and supporting various groups across the company.
• This role could be based in High River, AB or be corporate remote. Limited travel may be required.
What are signals?
Signals are a way of compiling a list of people you’ll consider working with. Others can signal you as well.
By signaling a person or organization you notify them that you’ll consider working with them. Thus:
55% of jobs are filled via referrals 1 . With Signals, Torre makes it easy for you.