About the Company
SPANG has partnered with the Awakening Women to hire a Project & Marketing Assistant to join their growing company
We are hiring and are looking for an experienced, proactive Project and Marketing Assistant to complement our team of 10, we are looking for someone highly organized, detail-oriented, adaptable and able to prioritize tasks while working independently.
Who we are
We are a women-run company founded by Chameli Ardagh. For the last 15 years we have been serving the momentous awakening of wisdom and power that emerges when women gather with a shared dedication of practice, integrity and service. We teach spiritual practices for women, rooted in body and earth, inspired by Goddess Mythology from all over the world.
Our team members work remotely from many places in the world, and together we explore a business model based on ease, freedom and honoring the cyclic nature of creativity. We are committed to anti-racism work, and we aim to live true to our values of integrity, trust, generosity and honest, respectful communication.
What we do
We offer retreats, training and courses, both in person and online, for women to explore embodied, goddess-centered spirituality, goddess mythology and leadership. In 2020, we founded The Women’s Wisdom School and Village, which already has more than 500 members. We offer daily inspiration around women’s empowerment, spirituality, earth wisdom and social justice to our 300K+ followers on social media.
About the Role
As the Project & Marketing Assistant, you will be responsible
● Assist with social media (creating posts in Canva, scheduling posts, monitoring and engaging with comments)
● Proofread and schedule newsletter and emails (Ontraport)
● Support the team with administrative tasks
● Editing videos and audio
● Website update and maintenance (Wordpress)
● Organize and assist with various projects (Basecamp/Slack)
● Documentation and maintenance of Operations manual (Google drive)
● Assist in Zoom events
● Processing content post zoom events, uploading video/audio, class description, etc.
● Assist with the many unpredictable tasks that appear in an online business on a regular basis
We want to hear from you if
● You feel aligned with our mission and work
● You have proven experience as a Virtual Assistant or relevant role
● You know how to and love to work as a strong team player with a positive and encouraging manner.
● You have that special eye for details; it just comes naturally to you. A spelling error or messy design makes you itch a little.
● You thrive in the flexibility of an online business. You know how to be responsible with the freedom we have. Both in being able to pivot when plans change and all hands on deck are called for, as well as being able to take the time off guilt-free when things are slow.
● You feel in the zone when you are organizing, implementing, handling tasks and supporting the bigger picture.
● You are clear that you are not wanting to launch your own business in the near future, but are looking for a position that feels meaningful for you where you can grow and contribute in the years to come.
● Are capable of prioritizing tasks and able to work in multiple projects at same time
● Possess high-level communication skills and excellent grammar
● Have prior experience with Canva, Wordpress, Ontraport, Basecamp, Google Drive, Slack and Zoom and come with a willingness to learn new technologies and/or programs
● Enjoy and fully understand the nature of an online business, with periods of more intensive work, also on weekends, balanced with the flexibility of more time off when things are slower.
● Are comfortable on social media
● Have knowledge of simple video and audio editing
● Have a strong internet connection
Schedule: You will work remotely, up to 30 hours a week. Paid vacation and sick days.
More about us and our values
Spirituality is not only the content of our programs, but also the foundation for how we create and move in the world behind the scenes. The Awakening Women Team makes it a practice to align our work and daily lives with our shared values. To us it is an honor to steward this container for women to do their sacred work.
Integrity ~ It is important for us to walk our talk in the way we show up in the world individually and as a team. This is a living practice for us, a curiosity and willingness to always learn, examine ourselves and our intentions, to listen and to see the larger picture. You can count on us to make agreements we can keep, to work for solutions that are fair and for the highest good, and to see each woman who practices with us as sovereign and whole.
Inclusivity ~ All women and those who identify as women of all colors, age, ability, sexual orientation and backgrounds are welcome to practice with us. Although our programs are specifically for those identifying as women, we hold the utmost respect for men and other gender identities, and for the importance of healing between all genders. When we gather to practice in the women’s wisdom circle, we connect with and bring forth a source of wisdom and healing that is of benefit to all beings.
Love for the Earth ~ We support each other in aligning our daily actions with our love for Mother Earth. We are partnered with and regularly donate to organizations dedicated to tending our precious relationship with Earth, restoring indigenous land and culture in the Amazon, and planting trees.
Respectful Communication ~ In this increasingly volatile online world, we have strong standards of how to communicate. We tolerate different points of view and take a stand in the world for the qualities of respect, generosity, helpfulness and caring in all of our interactions. These are essential for us; they are how we role model our practice in tangible ways.
Social Justice ~ We believe spiritual awakening goes hand in hand with social activism and justice. We are in an ongoing education around racial justice, privilege and bringing awareness to cultural appropriation. We are committed to the dismantling of racism, sexism, homophobia and bigotry of all kinds, and to support leaders and causes that reflect and guard these values.
What are signals?
Signals are a way of compiling a list of people you’ll consider working with. Others can signal you as well.
By signaling a person or organization you notify them that you’ll consider working with them. Thus:
55% of jobs are filled via referrals 1 . With Signals, Torre makes it easy for you.