• We are looking for a Senior Data Scientist to work with the Content and Communities team to better understand and grow Reddit’s vast ecosystem of communities. By partnering with feature engineering teams and product managers, your work will help drive community creation & activation, content creation & user participation, as well as improve moderator engagement.
• Build models to measure subreddit relatedness, recommend content to users, and predict community growth rates over long time horizons • Partner cross functionally to help define and forecast the team’s roadmap and initiatives • Analyze trends in engagement in Reddit communities, and convert it into insights that drive higher levels of active engagement, community activation, and retention • Build,design and scale the analysis infrastructure that help the CNC team tell detailed stories about Reddit’s moderators and most engaged users • Design, recommend and evaluate A/B tests and product feature experiments to determine the effectiveness of product strategy • Define team metrics and goals and make them easily available through ETLs and reporting dashboards
• 3-5 years of experience in quantitative or data science roles, preferably for a consumer-facing service/app • Deeper understanding of inference and direct experience building predictive models • Proficiency with relational database (e.g., SQL) • Proficiency with statistical analysis and programming languages (e.g., R / Python) • Experience with social network data and analysis • Results-oriented with a strong customer and business focus • Entrepreneurial and self-directed, demonstrated ability to innovate and bias toward action in fast-paced environments • Ability to communicate and discuss complex topics with technical and non-technical audiences • Ability to tackle ambiguous and undefined problems
• Your work will be centered around helping us to improve & iterate on our leading indicators for what triggers certain communities to take off, and why others don’t. That will include driving a greater understanding of the hundreds of thousands of moderators and millions of creators on Reddit, digging into their motivations and pain points, to build a better experience for the users who make Reddit such a vibrant place. Additionally, you’ll also help identify strategically valuable types of new communities and drive the Content & Community team’s strategy of making it easier to build these communities.
• “The front page of the internet," Reddit brings over 450 million people together each month through their common interests, inviting them to share, vote, comment, and create across thousands of communities. • Reddit’s mission is to bring community and belonging to everyone in the world, and you will be instrumental in making that happen. The Content & Community team is trying to solve some of the hardest challenges in consumer products: fostering, growing and managing hundreds of thousands of online communities each with millions of users across multiple continents. If you’re passionate about helping understand and create products that change peoples’ lives for the better and developing and testing strategies for products-at-scale, this is the job for you.
What are signals?
Signals are a way of compiling a list of people you’ll consider working with. Others can signal you as well.
By signaling a person or organization you notify them that you’ll consider working with them. Thus:
55% of jobs are filled via referrals 1 . With Signals, Torre makes it easy for you.