What language do you want to use Torre in?
• You will ensure that Datto’s hardware and software products are innovative and of the highest quality • Participate as a Quality ambassador, engineer and eyes of the customer as a member of an agile software development team • Identify creative ways to break the products, uncover and report defects as well as validate solutions • Perform product performance testing, usability testing, and compatibility testing • Assist in reproducing bugs reported outside of QA and triaging them with Product Management • Build detailed test specifications (functional, environments, resources) that transition into test strategies for existing and new features • Execute detailed test plans • Increase coverage of automated testing by identifying opportunities to automate existing test plans and creating automated system level test plans • Participate in release processes for your assigned project • Maintain open communication with QA, Engineering, Product and Customer Experience teams about issues, risk, product quality and bugs • Educate your peers in QA, Engineering, and Product on testing and QA; Partner with them to set product quality measurements and goals • Maintain your test environment • Maintain and communicate testing timelines, schedules and status reports • Provide ongoing test activity status to Scrum Master, Team Coordinator and Product Manager • Recommend improvements to the QA methodology • Other duties as assigned by Management
• Experience working in an agile environment • Knowledge of internet technologies (e.g. HTTP, TCP/IP, DNS, APIs, Postman) • Experience with software configuration management and version control (GitLab a plus) • Experience with writing automated tests with a framework such as pytest • Experience with testing APIs and implementing API automated testing • Knowledge of testing methodologies and concepts • Excellent problem-solving skills • Able to find opportunities for improvement and tackle them without external direction • Ability to think outside of the box • Dedication to collaboration • Deep understanding of software product cycles • Independent, driven, creative, and like to take ownership • Bonus Points: • Patience is key • Familiarity with object-oriented programming concepts • Understanding of COW or distributed file systems such as CEPH, ZFS, Btrfs • Experience with data visualization tools such as Kibana • Experience with monitoring services such as Datadog and Grafana • Proficient with Linux and shell scripting (equivalent Windows knowledge a plus) • Knowledge of networking concepts (e.g., TCP/IP, Multicast, Unicast, VLAN, OSI, etc.) • Knowledge of infrastructure (e.g., firewalls, iptables, ipsec, hypervisor, storage, monitoring, security, etc.) and have experience working with a cloud solution
• A Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Management Information Systems or Software Engineering; or equivalent work experience • 5+ years of hands-on experience with manual testing, testing applications, testing sites and automation
• Datto, the world’s leading provider of IT solutions delivered through managed service providers, is looking for a Sr. Quality Assurance Engineer to join a growing team. Datto is a creative company at its core and is an exciting and dynamic workplace. We're 100% focused on our managed service provider partners and believe that with the right technology, managed service providers can change how businesses around the world operate. Datto provides data protection, business continuity, networking, business management, and file backup and sync products that empower and protect the clients of our 14,000+ partners. We're headquartered in Norwalk, Connecticut and have 22 offices worldwide.
• Individuals seeking employment at Datto are considered without regards to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, gender identity, or sexual orientation. In order to track the effectiveness of our recruiting efforts and ensure we consider the needs of all our employees, please consider answering the following questions.
• You will report to the Manager of Quality Assurance. • You’re a problem solver, team player and also have a passion for software quality. • Note: We are looking only for candidates willing to join us directly as W2 employees (No 3rd party candidates) • By submitting an application, you acknowledge we will process your data to consider you for the position you apply for and for other open positions within our company for which you may be suited.
What are signals?
Signals are a way of compiling a list of people you’ll consider working with. Others can signal you as well.
By signaling a person or organization you notify them that you’ll consider working with them. Thus:
55% of jobs are filled via referrals 1 . With Signals, Torre makes it easy for you.